Eino Uikkanen's homepage > Program E1FILTER > Brief description of program E1FILTER - updated 23.09.2008
Program E1FILTER is a command line based, freeware utility to convert, filter and sort text and binary data. The typical use of E1FILTER is:
- Converting data between different systems, e.g. in data migration projects
- Preprocessing data from various sources and formats to be used in consolidated reporting systems
- Create calculated columns in databases in cases, where automation is needed or the size of the database is too big for MS Excel or similar tools.
E1FILTER is based on formula evaluator, that is, most parameters and commands are given in form of a (mathematical) formula.
E1FILTER is a DOS program, but runs perfectly under Windows-9x, 2000, XP, NT etc.
I have started to write a Java-version of E1FILTER, but the timeschedule is totally open.
Once you have installed and studied E1FILTER, you have the most powerful tool in your hands. On the other hand, installing, studying and setting up E1FILTER is not a quick and easy task. There is no way of getting a quick try of E1FILTER either. Therefore you should carefully consider the volume, diversity and complexity of your needs before deciding to use E1FILTER.
If you want to start to use E1FILTER:
- Examine the sample E1FILTER-runs in e1filter-samples.pdf - check, if this is what you are looking for
- Install E1FILTER and test the installation with simple runs or commands before proceeding to more complex applications
- Study the usage of formulas with separate simple testing program E1.EXE
- If you need any help in installing, setting up or using E1FILTER, please don't hesitate to contact me - email@example.com
- Good luck!
Ii is possible to use the command line function evaluator E1.EXE without the main program E1FILTER.EXE:
Download e1deliv.exe, study User's manual evaluator.pdf and start using E1.EXE.