TORNATOR II ex. MAURI ex. AMANDA Built by Paul Wahl & Co (No. 418) was launched in 1906 to become a tug for company Oy Tornator Ab. The Original measurements were, 55 GRT, 33 NRT, 22.50 / 21.95 x 4.37 x 2.05 m, 250 IHP Twin sylinder Compound Klug valve gear.
First years she served Tornator company but the year 1919 she was sold to Ab W. Gutzeit & Co. The Company changed name during 1927 to Enso-Gutzeit Oy. 1931 the ship was renamed at the first time to MAURI. In 1968 she become a leisure ship for Mr Juhani Uusmaa, Turku and was renamed for the second time to AMANDA. During this period the ship suffered major damages to engine and was abandoned in 1986 and lift to ground to prevent the ship from sinking. In 1996 our team: Mr. Pekka Häkkinen, Mr. Juriperttu Wilska and Mr. Hannu Nikkinen managed to buy her.
Today the Old Queen's renovation is at the responsibility of Mr Pekka Häkkinen. Future plans are to launch the ship during spring and then focus on getting her steam plant running. All this should be carried out in less than 2 years(hopefully).
|OY TORNATOR AB||
1906 - 1932
|ENSO-GUTZEIT OY||1932 - 1968|
|JUHANI UUSMAA||1968 - 1973|
|1973 - 1996|
|1996 - 1999|
|PEKKA HÄKKINEN||1999 -|
Links to sites recommended by our crew:
Steam Engine Society of Finland www.steamengine.cc <- Mostly in finnish only but offers a huge up-to-date link list
The Ship Historical Society of Finland http://personal.inet.fi/yhdistys/laiva/ <- English section under construction
European Steamboat Federation (ESF) http://www.steamboat.org.uk/esf.html