Read what people have thought of Everchanging Book of Names and these pages. Because of guestbook spam, new entries are currently not allowed. However, comments can be sent via email.
You have great site and an good tool!!! One question! Can you convert it for Pocket PC? Than I can use it, if I play with friends.
- Tuesday, July 03, 2007 at 17:44:54 (UTC)
- Saturday, June 30, 2007 at 04:58:21 (UTC)
Thanks for these Program!
One knowledgesearcher <email@example.com>
- Wednesday, June 20, 2007 at 19:57:15 (UTC)
- Friday, June 01, 2007 at 16:07:38 (UTC)
Hi, big THANKS for that program!! Awesome!!
- Saturday, May 26, 2007 at 20:57:26 (UTC)
Love the program
Don S <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Friday, May 25, 2007 at 02:32:50 (UTC)
Great tool, it is a big help to people like me that are not good with names and do not have the patience to look up names on the internet for hours on end. I write as a hobby. I do short stories and working on a full length novel as of now. This generator allows me to go through numerous chapters and find a set of names I like for a specific race or ethnicity or place. It has saved me a lot of time and allowed me to focus more on the plots.
- Friday, May 11, 2007 at 23:08:35 (UTC)
Greetings! I saw your program long ag in a friend's home long ago... about the 98. I am becoming a rookie dungeon master and I remembered this useful tool. So I decided to search for it on the net. SO many thanks, friend!
El de la bata
- Monday, May 07, 2007 at 14:11:18 (UTC)
i'm looking for cool names for a book i'm righting if u got any e-mail them to me my e-mail is email@example.com
Tyler Pinkerton <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Tuesday, May 01, 2007 at 16:36:42 (UTC)
Seriously! this is amazing!! Thanks so much!
- Thursday, April 26, 2007 at 04:52:08 (UTC)
As a registered user I have to say EBoN has proven an excellent investment, though it would be nice to see some more catalogues. My one complaint is the interface though - what looked cute half a decade ago is now just proving an almighty pain in the backside and it could do with a revamp. Something cross-platform would be particularly cool.
Bill Hoggett <email@example.com>
- Wednesday, April 25, 2007 at 11:45:42 (UTC)
I run a Champions game that crosses a lot of genres and I pull in elements from things like Star Wars. Coming up with names is quite the chore for me and I'm hoping this will help.
- Thursday, April 12, 2007 at 23:27:23 (UTC)
Very useful, Just what you need when stuck with coming up with yet 1 more good sounding RPG name. Thanks
- Sunday, April 08, 2007 at 18:48:41 (UTC)
Wow! I Love This Name Generator! i had a problem with downloading other chapters but its fine now and i love it!
- Saturday, March 03, 2007 at 07:15:35 (UTC)
This sounds absolutely perfect... will there ever be a Mac flavor, as well?
- Saturday, March 03, 2007 at 04:13:10 (UTC)
Very nicely designed/constructed web site and a very useful utility, well done
- Saturday, February 24, 2007 at 15:37:12 (UTC)
Awesome program! I play D&D and enjoy writing my own little stories about the characters' adventures. EBoN really helps in coming up with names for all the peripheral characters, and even sometimes some main ones! Great job!
- Friday, February 23, 2007 at 17:49:04 (UTC)
Very nice.. i was using your utility since i play ad&d, now and before its the best name program generator that i ever know. congratulations for you great job. i hope sooner be inregistration :)
Erick Lopez <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Saturday, February 03, 2007 at 17:20:31 (UTC)
In reply to the message below: I usually reply to a registration within 1-3 days of receiving it. However, occasionally people forget to put their email address into the Message part of the certificate as instructed on the Registration page of this site, in which case I have no way to contact the sender until contacted over email. If this happened in your case, please contact me over email using the address <spyorre (at) iki (dot) fi>. Also, please make sure you typed in my email address correctly in the certificate.
Sami Pyörre, Author of EBoN <spyorre (at) iki (dot) fi>
- Wednesday, January 31, 2007 at 14:57:54 (UTC)
I'm probably posting in the wrong place, but I went to Amazon UK and registered, received confirmation of my gift certificate, and have not received anything that will enable my generator. Please help me. Thank you.
Susan Jane <email@example.com>
- Wednesday, January 31, 2007 at 07:44:15 (UTC)
The BEST name generator ever. Keep up good work.
- Saturday, January 27, 2007 at 09:15:32 (UTC)
I love this program. It is very helpful for my novel.
- Friday, January 26, 2007 at 03:57:55 (UTC)
Great little generator. Glad I found it.
Guillaume Godbout <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Thursday, January 25, 2007 at 18:03:38 (UTC)
Oh my Goddess; this is fantastic...brilliant - I am a sim-player AND a writer.... I only wish I had found it sooner! Brilliant! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA+
Christina/Cay-Re Dall <email@example.com>
- Wednesday, January 10, 2007 at 01:11:19 (UTC)
a very helpfull tool. thanks^^ is there also a german version available( it´s not necessary)?
- Saturday, January 06, 2007 at 21:42:11 (UTC)
...as it has already been written... "Wow, this is a great tool!" My sincere thanks for the work it represents... as soon as I can afford to register, I will. This has so many uses I can not list them all.
- Sunday, December 24, 2006 at 00:05:23 (UTC)
Very Nice program, by far the best ive found out there, may you always do well in your life adventures!
Tim C. <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sunday, December 10, 2006 at 01:38:12 (UTC)
Excellent tool. One request I would like to put in would be a differentiation for male and female names. It would also be nice to have a tool of this sort incorporated into the Visions character selection menu. :) Wanna help? I have a friend who is an aspiring writer and she too may like this tool. Blessings to you, -Sparkling www.visionsgame.com
- Wednesday, December 06, 2006 at 06:08:52 (UTC)
What you've done here is, simply put, marvelous. It's possibly the most creative, useful, and advanced creation I've ever seen. I write fantasy novels, and without EBoN I would be completely lost. I strongly suggest you put a PayPal "donate" link on the page so that I and others could pay for such a great service!
Forrest R. Carver <email@example.com>
- Wednesday, November 29, 2006 at 19:44:49 (UTC)
First two chapters created, and bound into a book. If you want to, I will send the book here. We decided to translate some e-books about our world to Englich, so I'll let you know when the basic book for Heart of Erinel will be translated.
Goran of Erinel <PavelVeselsky@seznam.cz>
- Monday, November 27, 2006 at 12:40:13 (UTC)
Hi there! Thank you for this great program!!!
- Saturday, November 18, 2006 at 17:14:55 (UTC)
Fantastic work! I am a Computer Science major and so I can appreciate everything you have created as the EBoN.I apologize that I cannot donate and register, perhaps after college, you certainly deserve it. One thing I would ask however, is that you add functionality or even a plugin/add-on to allow the user to create his own "languages" and templates!
- Monday, November 06, 2006 at 13:35:36 (UTC)
This is an awesome idea. You might think about using names from other fantasy worlds such as those created by Raymond E. Feist and David Eddings.
- Thursday, November 02, 2006 at 15:51:51 (UTC)
Hei! Hienoa työtä, kiitos.
- Wednesday, November 01, 2006 at 13:24:53 (UTC)
Wonderful program that evokes the most joyful of sobs from a struggling writer-wannabe. I've always came to a GRINDING halt in any work of a respectable length because all the names had to be changed to [placeholder], and you can imagine how that kills the mood. Far from perfect as a 'realistic tool' (I can only comment on the Japanese section as that's the only foreign language listed here that I know---and it's lol. But I haven't seen anyone generating believable Japanese elsewhere, either) but a veritable treasure for that pint of flavour. Probably will register soon. :)
- Thursday, October 19, 2006 at 17:35:56 (UTC)
What tablets from a pain in a throat you accept? Thanks.
- Saturday, October 07, 2006 at 02:08:59 (UTC)
Hi! This program helped me much in my RPG playing and in creation of my fantasy world - http://www.erinel.svetjinak.net/ (you can have a look, but it's all in Czech). Is there any way to create special EBON chapters for my world?
Goran of Erinel <PavelVeselsky@seznam.cz>
- Thursday, October 05, 2006 at 11:00:14 (UTC)
Fantastic Tool! These names are so much better than the names I think up.
- Saturday, September 30, 2006 at 22:00:11 (UTC)
Thanks so much! I have the hardest time coming up with names but this really helps when running 2 or 3 characters per game....
- Monday, September 25, 2006 at 20:15:20 (UTC)
Thanks so much! I have the hardest time coming up with names but this really helps!
- Sunday, September 24, 2006 at 18:54:26 (UTC)
Hi people! Very many thanks for a good work!!! Have a nice Day.
- Friday, September 22, 2006 at 10:49:15 (UTC)
cool site love it!!!!!!!!!!!!! love to role play
- Tuesday, September 12, 2006 at 20:26:40 (UTC)
Huzzah! O, Huzzah!
D Wit <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Monday, September 11, 2006 at 01:47:57 (UTC)
Nice program! Used it last night at a friends house, and am getting a copy for myself.
- Monday, August 21, 2006 at 17:42:50 (UTC)
EBoN is really a cool thing!! ;)
- Monday, August 07, 2006 at 10:51:40 (UTC)
i absolutly love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- Sunday, August 06, 2006 at 21:41:13 (UTC)
Wow nice thing^^ its very nice and Ebon also^^
- Thursday, August 03, 2006 at 15:06:39 (UTC)
This program is great! It makes 'fluff' writing and short-stories a hell of a lot easyier
- Tuesday, August 01, 2006 at 11:14:24 (UTC)
Wow. This is an excellent resource. It saves me countless hours of thinking up heroic-sounding names and such for games. As I am a teenager with no money, I cannot register, but i very well may when I'm more financially secure. Thanks for making this program!
- Thursday, July 27, 2006 at 04:27:42 (UTC)
ahh thanks heep's for the download it's great!!!! you RULE!!!!!
Michael Scott <email@example.com>
- Tuesday, July 18, 2006 at 11:16:19 (UTC)
Thank you a billion times for providing one of the most useful programs for a writer ever!
Emilie Conroy <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sunday, July 16, 2006 at 01:09:07 (UTC)
OMG this is awesome, No longer must i name elves alex or george. It ROCKS
- Monday, July 10, 2006 at 02:06:26 (UTC)
It's been getting hard for me to come up with names for RPGs and such, so glad I found this program, blah, blah, blah.Thank you very much for it. It ownz! xD
- Wednesday, July 05, 2006 at 16:43:52 (UTC)
I've had this software since it was a very tiny application for RPG... :) It has improved a lot!
Rafael Smith <email@example.com>
- Thursday, June 15, 2006 at 14:20:50 (UTC)
The name generator is really great. thank you very much for your work :) best wishes from germany
- Tuesday, June 13, 2006 at 18:29:00 (UTC)
Can you please put a darn download on with out a stupid zip file i hate those darn little things. Doesn;t anyone lern from histories mistakes their a load of crap. Im not downloading the unziper thing .... im on the net i damand instant results that why im on here instead of reading a book !!! i was going to waste my precious time .... i would have written a C++ program.... i love those darn things. But that is not the point the point is ... Darn you fool .... im not very happy about this zip file..... also ... good idea about the radom name thingy .... i can actually true comment seeing i can access it stupid zip files you see....
- Thursday, June 01, 2006 at 09:31:42 (UTC)
With comp. what they are it is nice to a program so useful for the many needs having to have names ready and in ample supply, thankyou.
Dennis Frank <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Tuesday, May 23, 2006 at 22:22:18 (UTC)
Wow, this looks fantastic! I'm definitely giving it a try, and as a fantasy completist, I'm kind of wondering why you didn't make a Tolkien names file.
Spiraling <Spiraling[dot]Xenophile[at]mail.c o m>
- Sunday, May 07, 2006 at 23:17:54 (UTC)
Its great I use it for my stories!
- Sunday, April 23, 2006 at 08:10:45 (UTC)
I love this utility! Thank you for sharing it. I wholeheartedly recommend it.
- Wednesday, April 19, 2006 at 21:13:57 (UTC)
No, my name is not important. Start your program and generate one for me. This program is wonderful. I use it very often. I love it. Only bad thing is that you want us to pay. However, thanks! Yours, Me
- Wednesday, April 19, 2006 at 12:06:58 (UTC)
Hi! It's about 2 years since I saw EBoN at first time, and it is proving very, VERY usefull in my D&D games, either as character names generator or for naming my "adventure places". To tell the truth, I'm working in a campaingn cenary of my own creation, and I'm using EBoN a lot to "invoke" names of legend for that world. I am glad that are people working to make our games even better, and I only can give you my congratulations for the worth and marvelous work. I will download the "new" version (cause my version are the 3.3 yet), and with sure, it will be with me along the houers of game preparation. And, as soon as possible, I will registrate this softwere, cause it worth every cent!!! Erik Wroblewski Curitiba City, Brazil
Erik Wroblewski <email@example.com>
- Tuesday, April 18, 2006 at 21:09:33 (UTC)
Great program. I've used to to make names for anything you can think of. Keep up the good work
MGBADA EZE <Mgbadaezeigbo@yahoo.com>
- Friday, April 14, 2006 at 18:52:11 (UTC)
By this "it's O.K.", I meant that this name is really used in the language. Some of the names sounds very strange and I would never say it has anything in common with czech names, so be careful while using this tool to name heroes of your stories (especially when the story takes place in this world).
Goran of Erinel <PavelVeselsky@seznam.cz>
- Tuesday, April 11, 2006 at 21:36:10 (UTC)
Sorry, there already is a lot of slavonic chapters. But nothing's perfect - I tried ten random czech names and only two were all right (and other one was also O.K., but in different languages). You said it (in prologue, I think) - no programme will generate good names, so be glad for any names. And I am glad. At least I'll have more fantasy names.
Goran of Erinel <PavelVeselsky@seznam.cz>
- Tuesday, April 11, 2006 at 21:21:34 (UTC)
I knew EBoN is a fantastic tool in GM's or writer's hands, but I didn't know about this wonderful design yet. I supposed I will get just a chance to download EBoN and nothing more, but this beautiful design (where did you get pictures by Leonardo?) and poetic text really impressed me. Thanks and greeting from Czech Republic! P.S.: Will any other chapters be added? Some slavonic names would be fine.
Goran of Erinel <PavelVeselsky@seznam.cz>
- Tuesday, April 11, 2006 at 20:52:58 (UTC)
finally a good name generator! Thanks a lot, you made my life a lot easier :)
- Tuesday, April 11, 2006 at 09:23:37 (UTC)
Great program. I've used to to make names for anything you can think of. Keep up the good work
- Tuesday, April 04, 2006 at 05:34:38 (UTC)
- Thursday, March 23, 2006 at 05:39:28 (UTC)
Great! New names...biggest problem...but now, thanks! Greetings from Slovakia :}
- Thursday, March 23, 2006 at 00:41:42 (UTC)
It's sometimes very usefully, I use it to creating names in on-line games.
- Sunday, March 12, 2006 at 10:34:24 (UTC)
As a writer I really enjoy and appreciate this tool. Way to go!
Deus di Pathos
- Monday, March 06, 2006 at 23:54:48 (UTC)
I can't get enough of EBoN. I've even created 6 or 7 namebooks myself.
- Monday, March 06, 2006 at 04:14:38 (UTC)
Been using your program for a bit fut finally sent you registration. I find it really helpful, and have made a few chapters up for my own campaign world races that have proved really useful. Thanks!
George Quail <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Saturday, March 04, 2006 at 12:33:12 (UTC)
Thanks for good piece of software! Really helps me as a GM, and no trojans or anything found on my Mac's virus scanner.
- Friday, March 03, 2006 at 13:18:49 (UTC)
Love the utility!
- Monday, February 27, 2006 at 17:31:55 (UTC)
This is a great piece of shareware and will making the upcoming game of Greyhawk I am about to run a whloe lot easier to manage. Thank You!
- Tuesday, January 24, 2006 at 04:46:17 (UTC)
A most impressive program. This will, no doubt, make my work much easier. Thanks for making it shareware!
- Monday, January 09, 2006 at 17:35:03 (UTC)
As I said in my message below, I have scanned the downloadable zip files for viruses using Symantec Antivirus and Panda Platinum, both with latest definition files. NO VIRUSES HAVE BEEN FOUND. Please be more specific when you claim that there is a Trojan in the files.
Sami Pyörre, Author of EBoN
- Thursday, January 05, 2006 at 09:42:35 (UTC)
TROJAN IN THIS PROGRAME
NO DOWNLOAD <email@example.com>
- Tuesday, January 03, 2006 at 12:24:52 (UTC)
The best site that offers you best generic viagra online. Just visit it and you will know the importance. Just CLICK our site.
gegeric viagra <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Thursday, December 29, 2005 at 12:20:47 (UTC)
Thank you for letting me know of the downloads problem. My webhost has disallowed zip files, so I have now moved them to another site. The downloads should work ok now. -- Moreover, I have scanned the zip files for viruses and have found none.
Sami Pyörre, Author of EBoN
- Tuesday, December 27, 2005 at 15:40:45 (UTC)
The site will not allow the download of your program and the alternate site provided is not functional.
- Thursday, December 22, 2005 at 22:18:01 (UTC)
Ummm your zip file seems to be infected with a Trojan
- Wednesday, December 21, 2005 at 22:38:50 (UTC)
As any GameMaster knows it’s the little details that bring a setting to life. I never had troubles whipping up a bunch of ‘interesting’ sounding names in a jiffy, but ‘proper’ interesting sounding names were another story. Spent 10 cold, windy, and storm tossed days on a long ship to deliver a message to the Jarl? Being met by his displeased daughter Betsy won’t add to the experience and Inga is too cliché. Idra however does the trick every time. Thanks for giving me the ability to add interest AND theme to my campaign settings at the click of a mouse button. I registered this gem right away and you should too.
- Saturday, December 17, 2005 at 00:51:46 (UTC)
Absolutely wonderful tool. I have many plans for its use. If and when Paypal is accepted I will definitely upgrade.
- Tuesday, December 13, 2005 at 05:49:21 (UTC)
A very sweet little app... I am finding it especially useful for WoG names.
Nate Udell <email@example.com>
- Saturday, December 10, 2005 at 03:41:59 (UTC)
Absolutely awesome! Sometimes my Muse fairy doesn't assist in the creation of a good fantasy name but now I have your program. It's a life saver! Thanks!
- Thursday, December 08, 2005 at 06:40:02 (UTC)
Well i havent tryed your program but... im guessing it has to be good with all of these goood replys i mean my friends use it too and they say whenever they cant make up a name they use your program instead...
- Tuesday, November 29, 2005 at 13:08:49 (UTC)
very nice proggy, thanks alot
- Sunday, November 20, 2005 at 21:36:28 (UTC)
Thanks for creating such a useful program, simply :)
- Saturday, November 19, 2005 at 17:33:07 (UTC)
I think ebon is great, its very useful and helpful for finding fantasy names, so i am very impressed.
Antony Burton <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Thursday, November 17, 2005 at 16:37:36 (UTC)
Hi! The EBoN has been the No.1 resource in my preparation of so many a role-playing session, I can't even count. Thanks for the masterful work, Sami, and keep it up! Yours, Ildfus Mahler
- Saturday, November 12, 2005 at 13:09:30 (UTC)
I'm impressed. Ebon is an elegant, simple tool that is extraordinarily handy to have around.
- Friday, November 11, 2005 at 22:29:56 (UTC)
I love the EBoN!
- Saturday, November 05, 2005 at 19:06:32 (UTC)
nun yo buisness <email@example.com>
- Sunday, October 30, 2005 at 23:36:15 (UTC)
I love this program! It's been more helpful than I can hope to explain. Thanks so much for creating it!
- Wednesday, October 26, 2005 at 19:08:15 (UTC)
This is a truly invaluable program for RPG lovers and any lover of the fantasy genre!! I commend you efforts. May you always be successful.
- Friday, October 14, 2005 at 22:39:26 (UTC)
Its sure a nice program but i dont have any condition to pay the registered version...i would like evem more if the program was free...
- Friday, October 14, 2005 at 21:12:27 (UTC)
Hi! Very cool stuff! Useful! Greetings from Germany ;-)
- Tuesday, October 11, 2005 at 06:27:57 (UTC)
I LOVE YOUR SITE OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
KELE MIKE MAGAS <MAGAS@YAHOO.FR>
- Thursday, October 06, 2005 at 19:35:01 (UTC)
Hi, I have just sent you the registration! I believe it is well worth it. Be creatively expanded! Steve
- Thursday, October 06, 2005 at 05:25:27 (UTC)
when you've been playing for 17 years like I havenames become difficult......this is the best name generator I've ever ....thanks ever so much!! Chris
- Wednesday, October 05, 2005 at 19:26:32 (UTC)
Hoi, Ebon is a very helpfull Programm. I always spent much time to chose a name for a role-playing character or a character for one of my stories- with ebon it´s much easier to find a good name ( no langer Frode the 6th ;) ) Thanks and Bye!!! Nadine
- Monday, October 03, 2005 at 15:17:22 (UTC)
Excelente programa!!! Gracias por el esfuerzo que nos permite tener mejores experiencias en jugos de rol... Greetings from Guatemala...
Pablo Estrada <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sunday, October 02, 2005 at 18:52:15 (UTC)
i just found your site today..it looks to be real kick ass...ty again Daris
Daris Valen <email@example.com>
- Sunday, October 02, 2005 at 18:18:50 (UTC)
- Thursday, September 22, 2005 at 07:38:02 (UTC)
Simply an awesome program. I especially like the chapter function. Way to go !
- Monday, September 12, 2005 at 08:54:41 (UTC)
The best and easiest to use name generator! I love the design and it has saved my roleplaying games on many occasions. ROCK ON EBON!!!
- Thursday, September 08, 2005 at 23:37:14 (UTC)
Thumbs up, buddy! Greatest generator I have yet seen. Beats Behindthename.com with many book-lengths. ;)
- Monday, September 05, 2005 at 16:43:48 (UTC)
I am always looking for new tools and programs for my games, and EBON is fantastic! I am obsessed with character names all over again. Thank you so much for making this avialable for all of us. - Leth
- Sunday, September 04, 2005 at 18:03:39 (UTC)
Excellent program! Very useful.
- Saturday, September 03, 2005 at 10:39:01 (UTC)
EBON is great :D
- Sunday, August 21, 2005 at 13:24:03 (UTC)
I had always problems with finding a good name for the characters in my stories. EBoN is a great help; I'm surprised how many possibilities of names i have now. Thanks!
- Friday, August 19, 2005 at 12:16:05 (UTC)
vladimir Djekic <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Tuesday, August 09, 2005 at 10:48:27 (UTC)
THIS PAGE IS GOOD KEEP IT UP I AM WITH YOU.
imo aba maga <email@example.com>
- Friday, August 05, 2005 at 19:46:00 (UTC)
many thanks for an excellent site,helped me alot. petralosian redroth,apparently!!cheers.
- Saturday, July 30, 2005 at 17:10:01 (UTC)
This is one of the greatest generators I've ran into. A must have, due to untility and customizability.
- Monday, July 18, 2005 at 19:37:37 (UTC)
Wow. this little program lets me come up with names so quickly character generation for my mods in morrowind bacame a whole lot easier. Thanks.
Nicholas Dreyer <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Monday, July 18, 2005 at 13:47:46 (UTC)
Normally I spend hours trying to come up with a name for my characters, with this I always manage to find an appropriate name quickly. Great program.
- Saturday, July 16, 2005 at 23:20:21 (UTC)
Nice little program always looking for charachter names this will save me sitting and scratching my head for hours. Thnx Necro
Necro Munga <email@example.com>
- Tuesday, July 05, 2005 at 18:57:25 (UTC)
this has been a great help, i usually have no problem making names for characters, but it takes hours, this speeds up the process for those less important names that need to be done quickly. love the site layout too!
- Thursday, June 30, 2005 at 21:46:24 (UTC)
hey so far this program rocks. thnx! send me an email if you get any more great ideas:)
- Wednesday, June 29, 2005 at 01:48:18 (UTC)
What a great, simple idea but so useful, good work. No more ripping off character names for me!
- Tuesday, June 28, 2005 at 01:02:24 (UTC)
Excellent program. Thanks.
- Wednesday, June 22, 2005 at 17:22:38 (UTC)
thanks! You're a real help for the creativity challenged! ;)
- Saturday, June 18, 2005 at 10:29:45 (UTC)
Extremely useful utility - sterling effort.
- Monday, June 13, 2005 at 19:30:44 (UTC)
So useful, I even paid out money to register. :P Seriously: I find this to be a most useful piece of software, and it LOOKS nice too.
- Friday, June 10, 2005 at 12:01:49 (UTC)
This helps me play DM for my grp so well, i have yet to tell them i have it.
Daniel Taylor <Guarden65@yahoo.com>
- Wednesday, June 08, 2005 at 07:52:17 (UTC)
Thank you, this is most useful. Much appreciated. CT
- Sunday, June 05, 2005 at 14:41:51 (UTC)
A reply to the comment below: Actually, you can use any of the letters you mentioned.
Sami Pyörre, Author of EBoN
- Wednesday, May 18, 2005 at 07:26:41 (UTC)
I love your generator, too bad you cant use æ ø å for the viking names :)
- Friday, May 13, 2005 at 18:35:03 (UTC)
thanks, this will really help me with my game.
- Sunday, May 08, 2005 at 22:21:49 (UTC)
I am very glad to find your page.It´s realy looking great.
- Friday, May 06, 2005 at 15:56:10 (UTC)
This is the greatest name generator there is on the Web.
- Friday, May 06, 2005 at 05:25:24 (UTC)
Your prog is really 1337! What amount of research must have been done for that! But: some names are really weird - you even can't pronounce them or they are ridiculously long. :D Some suggestions: I would appreciate if you could chose the sex of the character, because you always get both, male and female, all at once. And i miss the choice of how many syllables the name shall have, so it will not become too long; or in case you are looking for a one-syllable-name. So long - I'm overwhelmed by the variety of possibilities in creating names! :))
Rhea Li <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Thursday, April 28, 2005 at 22:14:28 (UTC)
Excelente job and excelent website. Since i live in argentina i can't show you appreciation for your effort by sending you money (10 dollars = lots of money here) i'll show you by writing here and conform to just use the shareware version. Keep the good work!
Michel Fischman <email@example.com>
- Wednesday, April 27, 2005 at 05:23:58 (UTC)
Sent £7 via Amazon - file sent within three days - trustworthy - unlike many others. REGISTER this program, even if you don't usually (and I'm renown for not registering or paying for anything if I don't have too). £7 is very reasonable and affordable.
Raven Black <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Tuesday, April 26, 2005 at 22:33:08 (UTC)
My daughter showed me this site and I am curious to see if it will work for me. I write sci-fi and the name of a character is so important. Sometimes I need inspiration and I would like to see if this will help.
Debbie B <email@example.com>
- Sunday, April 24, 2005 at 15:42:28 (UTC)
this cite is very very good nwanne
- Tuesday, April 19, 2005 at 19:12:39 (UTC)
Ça a l'air pas mal utile, je vais sûrement m'en servir beacoup pour mes games. Ça du prendre du temps à construire comme programme? :P
- Wednesday, April 06, 2005 at 16:34:17 (UTC)
Great job, I don't really need it at the moment (Max will do for my Morrowind'ing days, hehe); Great job!
- Sunday, April 03, 2005 at 02:25:24 (UTC)
As a writer (just begining), I Love this site, EBON is a gift and I thank you for it.
Edmondson Lee <Zim@zipmail.com>
- Friday, March 25, 2005 at 04:40:09 (UTC)
I love your program! One of the biggest pains in rolling up new characters and NPCs is trying to pick a good name. Your program makes it easy. Thanks.
Lee Smith <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Thursday, March 24, 2005 at 17:04:57 (UTC)
awesome, just awesome it makes it much easier for me to find good names, thanks a lot and keep working but why do you want 10 EUR !! for registration? as a poor litle boy, still going to school I can`t afford that money :-(
- Sunday, March 20, 2005 at 13:59:33 (UTC)
Excellent program, it makes coming up with names very simple. Thank you!
- Wednesday, March 16, 2005 at 03:48:43 (UTC)
I haven't used the product yet (I just downloaded it) but am very intrigued. A special thanks to programmers like you who share their work so generously with us non-programmer types!
C. H. Mitchell <email@example.com>
- Wednesday, March 16, 2005 at 03:19:08 (UTC)
Wow, I have been searching for something like this for months of DMing, strenuously trying to equal the genius that has been put into this program. Now my search has ended. This is by far the best supplement any author, Dungeon Master, or even Player can have when trying to name anything. Awesome.
- Tuesday, March 01, 2005 at 14:27:37 (UTC)
its great helped me to find a name for wow ! just an option for choice of "female" and "male" names would be fine THX FOR EBON !! GO ON WITH THIS!
- Monday, February 28, 2005 at 12:29:06 (UTC)
Ce programme est excellent. Travail très sérieux et d'une qualité remarquable. Je m'en sers pour chacun de mes scénarii.
Celendil Nan Tarsil <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sunday, February 20, 2005 at 23:54:08 (UTC)
I agree I should have found this a lot ago. Great for my fantasy "tabletop" RPG's and fictions. Only thing it obviously lack is a "hispanic-america-influenced" list of names. Think bout names like: Melquiades, Diomedes, Justino... those are pseudo-variations or simply "new" names of Hispanic America. But that's just and observation. This program is great! Thanks to the maker... ;)
Omar Alexis <email@example.com>
- Sunday, February 20, 2005 at 07:08:08 (UTC)
such a helpful and userfriendly program. Thank you so much =)
- Friday, February 11, 2005 at 17:49:55 (UTC)
This is great... and since registering is as cheap as it is, I might even do that. Between DnD, warhammer characters, and my own attempts at fiction, I should've found this ages ago.
- Tuesday, February 08, 2005 at 04:36:13 (UTC)
Testing the guestbook after installation of JunkEater. I hope the loads of spam will be gone now!
Sami Pyörre, Author of EBoN
- Saturday, February 05, 2005 at 20:08:19 (UTC)
Well done for producing an excellent bit of software!
- Saturday, January 29, 2005 at 15:12:16 (UTC)
gotta admit, this is one of the best investments i've ever made. i'm a long time dm and treasure this program. recently i've been creating a new game world and this tool is an incredible aid
Vincent McCarty <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Wednesday, January 26, 2005 at 00:16:28 (UTC)
Great site! I used the EBoN generator for D&D campaigns and several online RPGs that I do and it works great!
- Thursday, January 20, 2005 at 02:21:41 (UTC)
- Monday, January 17, 2005 at 00:14:54 (UTC)
-->Thank you for this site! :)
- Friday, January 14, 2005 at 10:29:48 (UTC)
Great program! I'm using it in my D&D campaign and its working great!
- Tuesday, January 11, 2005 at 11:11:25 (UTC)
I love it! It's so easy to use and so convienient. Thanks for spending so much time on it!
- Saturday, January 08, 2005 at 05:07:53 (UTC)
Keep up this great resource. I bookmark your site, best greetings.
- Friday, January 07, 2005 at 12:55:05 (UTC)
Thanks for a great generator! Have been looking for something that comes up with some truly original names from different countries for a war game (in the pipelines). If I had my hat on I would take it off =)
- Friday, January 07, 2005 at 12:42:57 (UTC)
Sami, thanks again for this very handy program. Seven years on and I am still, in brief bursts of activity, using it.
- Thursday, January 06, 2005 at 13:20:12 (UTC)
- Wednesday, January 05, 2005 at 23:37:44 (UTC)
It's a terrific program, i've not seen anything that good since the days of Civiliazation.
Untrained DM <Bertrameiriksson@jubiimail.dk>
- Monday, January 03, 2005 at 07:00:05 (UTC)
thank-you for all your hard work & for sharing.
- Friday, December 31, 2004 at 08:19:50 (UTC)
Sami! Good work on EBON. It's made all of the difference when writing fiction. The only trouble is, I can only pronounce one half of the names it produces, and can only remember the other half. So long as no one tries to read my stories to others. That is, a fault of the chapters, not the fault of the author. Also, I'd love to say that I'm using your product on my next CD, but I haven't figured out how use EBON on an instrumental CD. If you want to hear my existing work, or offer some suggestions, go to www.paradice.net. That's all I have. Again, great work Sami!
Louis Lamp <email@example.com>
- Sunday, December 26, 2004 at 05:11:28 (UTC)
Its an awesome tool !!
- Saturday, December 25, 2004 at 22:33:06 (UTC)
An awsome and very useful utility; I've used various versions of this program for years. As someone who is "name impared" when it comes to both gaming and writing, EBoN has been a huge help to me.
- Saturday, December 18, 2004 at 18:24:19 (UTC)
What a great program! I use it all the time.
- Friday, December 17, 2004 at 21:13:24 (UTC)
how do i use it?
- Friday, December 17, 2004 at 20:08:06 (UTC)
Very nice site. Keep up your hard work.
- Friday, December 17, 2004 at 04:01:44 (UTC)
I've been unable to read my email for a couple of days. Everyone who has attempted to reach me meanwhile has now been contacted. My apologies for the inconvenience.
Sami Pyörre, Author of EBoN
- Thursday, December 16, 2004 at 12:55:58 (UTC)
Great generator. Very well done and the look of it is simple but appealing. I did send for the thing to unlock chapters, but I have not received any word, I hope you still check on this site :)
- Thursday, December 16, 2004 at 09:13:12 (UTC)
Excellent, sir, excellent. A true feat of spectacular genius. I love it, and so does my DM.
Jesse Wilson The Great <StandUnbroken@yahoo.com>
- Sunday, December 12, 2004 at 20:23:37 (UTC)
great name generator. i am not qualified to say more,since i am not familiar with name generators. however this is not helping me with my name generating problem. so i will move on. thanks any way.
chico gringo segundo <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Thursday, December 09, 2004 at 07:40:48 (UTC)
Ebon is really useful but latin names are terrible... However good program.
- Friday, December 03, 2004 at 18:34:24 (UTC)
im new to mud's... =)
- Tuesday, November 30, 2004 at 20:34:43 (UTC)
In addition to being one of the most graphically elegant sites I've ever visited, your name generator is simply phenomenal. I'm registering it immediately.
- Monday, November 29, 2004 at 20:11:10 (UTC)
thanx for a great resource site!!!!!!!!!!
- Saturday, November 27, 2004 at 11:47:48 (UTC)
- Thursday, November 25, 2004 at 18:51:46 (UTC)
Really nice !!!!!!!!!!!
- Friday, November 19, 2004 at 16:05:22 (UTC)
Un programa de puta madre.Yo soy master desde hace la hostia y va muy bien para hacer nombres de cualquier juego. The best program. ¿Se dice así?
Marc Sanz <email@example.com>
- Sunday, November 14, 2004 at 20:37:36 (UTC)
I intend to register as this looks great, just need to sort out the bank first.
- Saturday, November 06, 2004 at 23:48:05 (UTC)
UNBELIAVABLE!!That program is everything!!!! I'm a master on RPG games so when i'm out of ideas ( names , places , etc. ) i have all in everchanging book of names....U've done an espetacular job
- Friday, November 05, 2004 at 23:39:16 (UTC)
Very nice program, helps me a lot with my D&D characters or my online games, my hat is off to your program.
- Friday, November 05, 2004 at 05:39:08 (UTC)
this is a nifty tool, I would like to se it in a linux format. The gui is crisp and cool. How do you select gender?
- Monday, November 01, 2004 at 09:21:00 (UTC)
Love it. I've been using it for RPGs and fantasy fiction. It so great I decided to register but I'm still waiting for an answer. Is your email not working? Thnaks for making such a great tool!
- Monday, November 01, 2004 at 03:51:55 (UTC)
A great help, thanks for making it easier for us DM`s who have a brain block trying to work out good names. Cheers.
- Saturday, October 30, 2004 at 14:45:07 (UTC)
I think your site is beautiful, the language is beautiful and the images are beautiful as well. I really really appreciate your work and those of your friends. I am going to download and try this program with great hope.
- Sunday, October 24, 2004 at 11:42:01 (UTC)
- Monday, October 18, 2004 at 03:13:22 (UTC)
it's a brilliant idea. Thank you for all.
- Saturday, October 16, 2004 at 13:36:06 (UTC)
great! you are a genius; thanks to you my D&D master role is easier and more performing
- Friday, October 08, 2004 at 09:04:21 (UTC)
Ebon rocks. Not just for RPG's but any creating application where a unique sounding, but legitimate name is required.
- Saturday, September 11, 2004 at 19:50:07 (UTC)
I've been using ebon for quite sometime now and think it is one of the best name generators out there, totally awsome. i recomend it to all my gaming buddies
Kenneth C Anderson <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Monday, September 06, 2004 at 09:02:22 (UTC)
really greate software!!!a really beautiful site i loved the da vinci's anatomic skatch's!!!
liran koren <email@example.com>
- Wednesday, September 01, 2004 at 18:53:30 (UTC)
Really good software! Highly useful! But why do I have to register?
- Monday, August 23, 2004 at 18:12:36 (UTC)
Very nice software, although I think the registration fee is too high for a name generator. Thx alot for the free version, for 5 EURO I would register it.
- Saturday, August 21, 2004 at 06:42:24 (UTC)
Great piece of software! I can see it being endlessly useful for fiction writing, RPGing, and game design. I consider the registration fee to be a perfectly fair trade to avoid desperately flipping through phone books to find a name at the last minute.
Jim Grayson <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Friday, August 13, 2004 at 18:36:50 (UTC)
The EBoN is great for creatively retarded people such as I. I use every time I play D&D, write a short story, generate someone's nickname, or make a prank call. Very inventive, very droll!
Ed A. <email@example.com>
- Monday, August 02, 2004 at 03:48:15 (UTC)
Pretty cool, but where are the sci-fi names? It looks to me like this program is pretty limited to fantasy games (except for the Star Trek entries). Even a bunch of current names would be fine, but the chapters I tried didn't seem to generate any modernish names...Still, pretty neat little program!
- Sunday, August 01, 2004 at 23:58:01 (UTC)
Great collection!!! But how it is possibly to download?
- Sunday, July 25, 2004 at 06:34:14 (UTC)
Nice program, will be quite useful. Thanks for making it!
C.J. LeBlanc <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Saturday, July 24, 2004 at 13:03:09 (UTC)
This an excellent tool for a french bloodbowl coach. I have downloaded the "warhammer" file. Can you unlock it, please. many thanks to you, Sami. Artus
- Wednesday, July 21, 2004 at 20:55:49 (UTC)
EBON is pretty cool, the only problem is most of the names sound girly to me, so i have almost no guy names. thanks tho! :-D
yours truly <--->
- Tuesday, July 20, 2004 at 00:46:00 (UTC)
How do I become a registered person?
Steve Drill Bits <email@example.com>
- Monday, July 19, 2004 at 03:18:07 (UTC)
I have been unable to read my email for a while. The registration tool has now been sent to anyone who has registered meanwhile. Please accept my sincere apologies for the delay.
Sami Pyörre, Author of EBoN
good program! I registered, but haven't recieved registration infromation yet. This ain't a sham is it!?
matt porritt <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sunday, July 18, 2004 at 17:22:27 (UTC)
Thank you I was looking for a quick way to find quality npc names Great Job
Neil Jones <Ncjones@shredpro.com>
- Sunday, July 18, 2004 at 15:21:44 (UTC)
Thank you for sharing your program. One of the reasons I love computers and more specifically the culture is becuase of this kind of stuff. Nice little app. I use it for all sorts of reasons but mostly just to generate some alias for websites that ask for credentials. Thanks agian!
- Saturday, July 17, 2004 at 04:59:02 (UTC)
EBoN rocks! Makes my life so much easier, thanks for taking the time.
- Friday, July 16, 2004 at 07:22:00 (UTC)
Very neat. I found ebon accidentally through sorcerers.net and that happened to be one of the biggest program foundings for a while. :) I'm really sure this program will be useful for me. I enjoy making up names myself though... But even my crazy imagination doesn't make up so good names always. Thank you, Pyörre and everyone who has somehow affected making of this great program and chapters. Maybe I'll even register this after a while or two..
- Tuesday, July 13, 2004 at 20:33:50 (UTC)
A damned fine little program! Certainly useful for a roleplayer/DM like myself! No more characters called 'Needaname' :)
Lester Gash <email@example.com>
- Monday, July 12, 2004 at 10:05:41 (UTC)
Great app! Way to do your part for all of your fellow gamers out there!
- Saturday, July 10, 2004 at 15:25:31 (UTC)
- Thursday, July 08, 2004 at 00:22:19 (UTC)
I'm having problems with the name generator. I had it once before, and it worked fine. Now I can't get it to work at all. Any suggestions?
- Tuesday, June 29, 2004 at 19:44:49 (UTC)
Hello, I just found you name generator not too long ago, I am using RPG maker 2003 and your program has vastly helped my game along, no more thinking of good names, thank you very much.
- Tuesday, June 29, 2004 at 17:50:58 (UTC)
I think i met you in colledge. Remeber UPEN? Natali.
pass a drug test <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Monday, June 28, 2004 at 20:57:43 (UTC)
I downloaded your name generator - it's a very useful program and i really enjoyed working with this tool. #tyrell
Tyrell <info @ jack-kenny.nospam (use .de instead of .nospam and remove whitespaces :=)>
- Saturday, June 26, 2004 at 10:56:38 (UTC)
checkout the online version @ http://www.ultimaonline-freeshard.com/cgi-bin/ebon/ebon-online.pl
- Friday, June 25, 2004 at 12:16:10 (UTC)
Meh, haven't seen any program as useful as this one in decades, extremely fine work, very simple of use, and almost too powerful! Great work!
- Wednesday, June 23, 2004 at 17:07:33 (UTC)
Fabulous! If there's something that I lack imagination in it's names ;P Thank you very much
- Monday, June 21, 2004 at 13:00:00 (UTC)
Thank you so much! This is fantastic!!
- Saturday, June 19, 2004 at 16:27:52 (UTC)
Finding your websight was like finding a needle in a haystack.
Bumper sticker <email@example.com>
- Thursday, June 17, 2004 at 08:07:29 (UTC)
Great name generator. Advertised it to my mud (woc.org port 4000) as an AWESOME resource that people can get ahold of. Cheers from RPGers in my neck of the woods!
Simon, Peterborough, Ontario, Canada <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Saturday, June 12, 2004 at 03:49:31 (UTC)
It's a wonderful utility, especially for use in my current D&D campaign. Once I have the money, I plan on registering my copy.
Lysa, North Carolina <email@example.com>
- Friday, June 11, 2004 at 17:26:13 (UTC)
Great program for generating game character names! I might even register this one next time I get paid. One question though... how come the help file still references the old page, http://ebon.uni.cc (file: ebon.hlp)
- Thursday, June 03, 2004 at 22:49:07 (UTC)
this program is damn sexy.
- Tuesday, June 01, 2004 at 23:27:48 (UTC)
Neat interface and web-site. Names are quite good with reasonable diversity. Look to the east for more options. Thankyou for the resource.
- Monday, May 31, 2004 at 05:20:36 (UTC)
great great great
- Monday, May 31, 2004 at 01:29:55 (UTC)
I really like your system i am a gamer D&D the Ebon book of names is just great i would love to register but dont understand how to do it right? i would love to send you 10.00 bucks through amazone gift? how again? please e-mail me back thank you jason kogan.
jason kogan <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Saturday, May 29, 2004 at 00:46:55 (UTC)
That was so, so useful. I'm creating my own fantasy setting, and if there's something i need, that's Names. :)
- Wednesday, May 26, 2004 at 09:16:45 (UTC)
What a time saver and necessity for and genre! Thank you!
Mike S. <email@example.com>
- Sunday, May 23, 2004 at 13:02:17 (UTC)
Cool Tool... now I can't wait for World of Warcraft =)
- Thursday, May 20, 2004 at 10:39:53 (UTC)
Your program is the best I ever see for generate names, Perfect Work!!
- Wednesday, May 19, 2004 at 10:03:09 (UTC)
WOW, no one word can sum up what an incredible help EBON has been to me and my writing. Not having to search through multiple pages of google search results looking for decent fantasy names like I used to is such an added plus, and it gives me literally HOURS more time to spend on my writing. Truly, this little peice of software would be worth every penny if it were being marketted for sale, it is really one of the best resources for a fantasy writer I have found. One of the best features is that it doesn't take minutes to load or search; EBON generates thousands of names in mere seconds. SECONDS, I tell you! And the names are so much better than anything else you can find on the internet. EBON is totally AMAZING!!
- Tuesday, May 18, 2004 at 18:17:38 (UTC)
Just a try. Sorry.
- Monday, May 17, 2004 at 22:50:56 (UTC)
Hey you (as James Brown usually says)! I downloaded your name generator two years ago, and I ever found it very useful and cool like no other. Athurian was my favorite chapter and every times I pop up with my players with some of my name and yours and they were always happy to listen so "sounds good" name and not the usual. Then I format C: and i lost it. Finally I found it again! Thanx to ya! and If I can help you in some way (fantasy stuff, draws, pics...) lemme know =) Thanx again. Love Lynx
- Monday, May 17, 2004 at 22:49:25 (UTC)
Did not we go to same school? In Norwalk Virginia? Goe Scott remember?
Body Jewelry <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Saturday, May 15, 2004 at 16:16:21 (UTC)
One of the MOST USEFUL things I ever found!!! THANKS!!!
- Thursday, May 13, 2004 at 21:00:25 (UTC)
Love it!! Thank you.
- Thursday, May 13, 2004 at 02:58:07 (UTC)
UTTERLY awesome, use it all the time for my plots and for my characters. My friends all use it too. Rarely do you see the same name.
- Sunday, May 09, 2004 at 22:15:58 (UTC)
two words: Bad Ass best damn name generator i have EVER used, period. i plan on registering soon, keep up the superb work!
Chris H <email@example.com>
- Sunday, May 09, 2004 at 15:15:21 (UTC)
I have just discovered this wonderful program. I am indebted to you as I find it so hard to come up with authentic sounding names. What a kind person you are to make it shareware :D Thank you.
- Friday, May 07, 2004 at 22:44:05 (UTC)
I first had downloaded the EBON when it was in an earlier development status (must've been in late 2001), and since the program was already a veeery good tool at that time, I'm now delighted with the amount of chapters available. You're a genius, Master Pyörre ;) It's only a damn pity that, in Online RPG, many a player just takes names like Aragorn or Ranma or whatever... not with any note of such interesting tools, as yours is. Currently, I'm again playin' with the idea to set up a website around fantasy and mythologies, and you can be sure to be linked ;)
Lirion Dûrrhandir <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Thursday, May 06, 2004 at 07:57:10 (UTC)
I LOVE this program. Having DM'ed and played since I was in the sixth grade a laptop is now the source of most of my RPG material, being able to put a name to the description of that random guy the players just surprised you by asking about has become essential to my gaming and writing. You guys rule!
- Monday, May 03, 2004 at 02:41:50 (UTC)
Been through plenty of name generators, but this one is the best. As an fantasy/sci-fi author, it's not just good for games, but also generating character names, particularly characters that don't appear a lot You might not want to use this for your main characters, but there are always peripheral characters that you have to pull up names for, not defined well enough to warrent much thought. Feel free to contact me about registration amount. I'm in Australia.
Steve Lazarowitz <email@example.com>
- Monday, April 26, 2004 at 10:46:43 (UTC)
just got here no comments at this time
william dubois <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sunday, April 25, 2004 at 22:19:38 (UTC)
Since I've been a DM for nearly fifteen years, I know the pain of putting names to PNJ, even for the player's, really usefull, thanks!
Salva Rovira <email@example.com>
- Tuesday, April 20, 2004 at 12:15:09 (UTC)
Wow! This is amazing...I've always found it extremely difficult to come with unique sounding names. This helps *quite* a lot.
- Monday, April 19, 2004 at 06:49:49 (UTC)
I'm the moderator of the Forgotten Realms forums over on the WotC message boards, and I am really impressed with the generator. I'm adding the link to our "Forgotten Realms Useful Links List", and I hope it gets you more visitors and loads more praise. you deserve it!
- Monday, April 19, 2004 at 00:07:31 (UTC)
Incredible! It's changed a lot since the last version I got. There's even a Pokemon chapter now!
- Sunday, April 11, 2004 at 19:17:10 (UTC)
I tried to send an Amazon gift certificate and said the address didn't work. Do you have a new one?
- Friday, April 09, 2004 at 22:34:21 (UTC)
Great job!! We publish it at inforol.com for spanish rpg players, and add a link to this good site. Thanks for your work !!
- Thursday, April 08, 2004 at 08:28:37 (UTC)
It's absolutely great.It's a wonderful idea
Razvan Badea <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Tuesday, April 06, 2004 at 10:28:16 (UTC)
Wonderful! Kudos! Kudos! Kudos!
Charles Edwards <email@example.com>
- Sunday, April 04, 2004 at 17:27:19 (UTC)
- Wednesday, March 31, 2004 at 14:59:19 (UTC)
Great job ! I will use it very often !
- Monday, March 22, 2004 at 21:09:10 (UTC)
This program can be described with one, single word: Perfect. I would really like to have the registered version, but I can't pay anything to anyone right now... Anyway: Perfect.
- Sunday, March 21, 2004 at 12:04:19 (UTC)
Great tool indeed! Damned useful for my Merp Campaign. Thank you!
- Monday, March 15, 2004 at 17:19:51 (UTC)
Thanx, this is a great program. Will you be allowing pay-pal payments soon?
- Wednesday, March 03, 2004 at 17:53:39 (UTC)
Thank's, its really useful!
- Tuesday, March 02, 2004 at 20:52:19 (UTC)
Very impressive - this is exactly what I've been looking for since I began DMing!
Stephen Axtell <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Saturday, February 28, 2004 at 09:26:36 (UTC)
Excellent! This goes beyond useful! I'm planning on registering as soon as possible! Thanks for an invaluable resource.
- Saturday, February 21, 2004 at 17:22:11 (UTC)
Coo' Nice to know people who have good homepages and excellent goodies : )
- Friday, February 20, 2004 at 00:44:31 (UTC)
This tool is treasure for any gamer, from veteran to beginner. My world will be richer for it.
Old Gamer <email@example.com>
- Thursday, February 19, 2004 at 15:14:00 (UTC)
An excellent resource utility that functions as the key in unlocking the mind's vault when thought processes are blocked by the damning need to create the proper name for a character or a place!
- Sunday, February 15, 2004 at 02:48:01 (UTC)
I have a very hard time thinking of names for characters and NPC's and this program has proved invaluable tool for gaming.
Philip G. Scott <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Saturday, February 14, 2004 at 17:26:35 (UTC)
haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa i don dey here b/f so byeeeeeeeee
- Thursday, February 12, 2004 at 22:50:59 (UTC)
I find it useful! It's a good thing someone told me about EBon. I'm now using the great names on my RPGTK and my other stories. Good thing it's shareware. I love it!
- Saturday, February 07, 2004 at 07:17:35 (UTC)
Love the program -- very useful! I tried to register by sending you an amazon.com uk gift certificate, and got an email this evening saying they couldn't deliver it; your account was over the quota. What is the correct email to use, anyway? The mailer-daemon gave a luuko account.
- Saturday, February 07, 2004 at 02:41:25 (UTC)
- Wednesday, February 04, 2004 at 15:34:48 (UTC)
A great software!!! Congratulations
Daniel "Cynic" Barreiros <email@example.com>
- Friday, January 30, 2004 at 15:26:36 (UTC)
- Thursday, January 29, 2004 at 22:08:45 (UTC)
This thing is great! Brilliant material! Got question, however: is there any way to discern the gender of a given name? How to I know wether it is female or male?
- Thursday, January 29, 2004 at 22:07:39 (UTC)
I love this program! It makes creating RPG names much easier!
- Thursday, January 29, 2004 at 02:19:14 (UTC)
Man, I must say. This program ()wnz, not only does it have a lovely GUI, but the easy of use is just stunning. I will get around to registering one of these days, but until then, i must make do with the locked chapters. Lovely program mate, simple smashing!
Sebastien. C. Russell - Author of The Plane Walker Series <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Tuesday, January 27, 2004 at 14:33:45 (UTC)
Avenge all ye beasts of Gaden rise up from Allotark and tarnish the Darrenth of Gallam - Evil roams
- Wednesday, January 14, 2004 at 17:03:27 (UTC)
I'm a DM creating me own campaign setting and man, this program really saved me hide.
- Sunday, January 11, 2004 at 15:42:50 (UTC)
A very useful and fascinating program...thanks alot.
- Sunday, January 11, 2004 at 14:58:11 (UTC)
Wonderful program! I've been using it off and on since v2.1 and just "rediscovered" it. It is definitely shareware that is worthy of registering and shows how valuable the shareware system is overall.
- Wednesday, January 07, 2004 at 09:22:23 (UTC)
I first found this file many years ago, and I still love it to this day. I'm actually here to download it again. Keep it up!
Martin Hooijenga <Tulkas@ilse.nl>
- Tuesday, January 06, 2004 at 21:39:43 (UTC)
I'd just like to say that this is a great program, and that I use it whenever I'm creating characters in Icewind Dale II, or any other fantasy-based game. I'd like to register, but I live in Australia. Anyway, keep up the good work.
- Tuesday, January 06, 2004 at 12:45:08 (UTC)
Very good program and nice website. I'm just sending the registration stuff and I can't wait to use the full application.
- Monday, January 05, 2004 at 17:03:31 (UTC)
I Love this program! I used to make RPGs with RM2k and until I found this program I couldn't ever even think of naming all the NPCs in the towns and stuff, This program is completely awesome!!! keep up the good work!
- Monday, January 05, 2004 at 01:27:50 (UTC)
Este é um grande programa. Espero ver versões futuras logo.
- Sunday, January 04, 2004 at 20:54:56 (UTC)
Great programme, my man...I salute you.
- Sunday, January 04, 2004 at 09:58:22 (UTC)
this has helped me alot my players have started getting on my case sence my npc names have been sounding the same!
- Sunday, January 04, 2004 at 00:24:56 (UTC)
Great program, makes things a lot easier.
- Saturday, January 03, 2004 at 23:11:20 (UTC)
Awesome program. Many wargamers with lacking imagination could use this. Good work. Pete the Slayer
Pete the Slayer <email@example.com>
- Saturday, January 03, 2004 at 22:40:26 (UTC)
Completely awsome program! Made my life so much easier!
Morgaine Logan <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Friday, January 02, 2004 at 21:25:12 (UTC)
A brilliant piece of work.
- Friday, January 02, 2004 at 13:18:15 (UTC)
LOVE this program! It has aided me with naming places and people in my fantasy novel. I couldn't live without it! :-)
- Thursday, January 01, 2004 at 21:42:43 (UTC)
Wish I had this back in the day when I first started playing...
- Wednesday, December 31, 2003 at 21:13:52 (UTC)
Concerning the message below, it seems there has been a temporary problem with my email. It works ok now.
Sami Pyörre, Author of EBoN
Hi, EBoN is a fantastic little tool for making up character names. It is so easy to fall into the trap of using boring or same sounding names when writing fiction, but with EBon, that problem simply goes away. One thing though. I haven't been able to register the program. My gift certificates are returned undeliverable and the email address bounces. Anyone know how to contact the programmer? Mark E. Cooper Author of The Warrior Within
Mark E. Cooper <email@example.com>
- Monday, December 29, 2003 at 09:54:16 (UTC)
An excellent thing indeed this is! I also have quite a problem with names... and this solved it instantly. Great job :thumb-up:
- Sunday, December 28, 2003 at 14:24:21 (UTC)
there are no words to say how thankful i am for this program. You my friend are a life saver!!
- Saturday, December 27, 2003 at 19:02:05 (UTC)
For those RP games where ya need a good name, this thing rocks. Great job :)
- Tuesday, December 23, 2003 at 17:10:26 (UTC)
Thank you for the hard work. This is truly a must have for any Game Master.
James Boland <jaboland at aol dot com>
- Friday, December 19, 2003 at 19:01:27 (UTC)
I've been a big fan of EBoN for a while. Not only have I used it to generate names for games I DM, but for the stories I write as well. In fact, several of the character names for Maiden of Pain, which I am writing for Wizards of the Coast, where created with EBoN, including the protagonist.
Kameron M. Franklin <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Saturday, December 13, 2003 at 00:34:52 (UTC)
wow, great work with name generator. it looks great and its extremly useful, keep up the good work
- Sunday, November 30, 2003 at 04:45:50 (UTC)
This is fun, glad you had the time and impetus to write the code for this programme. I think, as a backhanded compliment, the visuals are the best part. I looks great. Thanks again.
- Sunday, November 30, 2003 at 02:08:21 (UTC)
two blokes here had a little drink (hic) cant find out what our names in klingon are!!! sorry but we are a little (10 mins pass) dissapointed...hic blarp sorry sick on some of the keys cant touch the _ that button
last time checked kev <email@example.com>
- Saturday, November 29, 2003 at 00:35:47 (UTC)
I've downloaded ten name generator's over the past year... This is by far the best one yet!!! I love it!
- Friday, November 28, 2003 at 06:49:26 (UTC)
This is a sweet program, keep up the good work!
- Thursday, November 27, 2003 at 00:36:44 (UTC)
Just Wanted to say thank you We run a lot of Living campaings and, you always need great names for your characters. Great Job!!!!
Tracy Jackson <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Monday, November 24, 2003 at 05:33:41 (UTC)
Thanks for the really cool program. I love the names!
- Friday, November 21, 2003 at 17:34:41 (UTC)
Great program. Thanks for taking the time to creat it!
- Thursday, November 20, 2003 at 06:49:37 (UTC)
This generator kicks ass and chews bubblegum. I've VERY happeh with it.
- Thursday, November 20, 2003 at 00:43:16 (UTC)
This generator is not only very useful, but it looks beautiful too. Thanks for all the effort.
- Monday, November 17, 2003 at 08:29:24 (UTC)
I have been playing D&D since the days the "Basic" version back in the early 80's. "Good" names have always been a challenge for a all but a few gamers I have encountered. We used to take words (often from junk food wrappers on the table where we were playing) and would rearrange the letters and syllables, and with a little massaging, come up with interesting names. EBoN is the single most useful DM resource software I use! I'd rather spend hours drawing maps by hand, hell writing adventures by hand, than go back to the days when my players (and myself) attached dull names to character personas we really enjoyed. Now I have made a list of hundreds(?) of names and compiled them in a folder. When a new character is made the player brouses the name folder until one or two that fit the persona in his or her mind jumps out. A note is made on the list, and voila! cool character = happy player. Thanks much for the program and your diligence in seeing it through is versions.
Vincent Adams <email@example.com>
- Friday, November 07, 2003 at 23:20:52 (UTC)
Very, very good!! ^^ Thanks!
- Thursday, November 06, 2003 at 15:36:59 (UTC)
I'm an old master from Italy (I'm mastering since 1989) and I definetly neeeeeeed your Book of Names, thank you very much...
- Thursday, November 06, 2003 at 09:51:11 (UTC)
Found you again! Had to blow my copy away when we rebuilt our PC :-( Good to find you again :-)
- Saturday, November 01, 2003 at 21:59:09 (UTC)
Thanks, I appeciate the effort you put in
- Friday, October 31, 2003 at 20:23:58 (UTC)
i just downloaded the program n from what i hear....i wont regret it.
- Thursday, October 30, 2003 at 01:22:27 (UTC)
Very nice game aid!!
- Tuesday, October 28, 2003 at 18:48:12 (UTC)
I just downloaded the Everchanging Book of Names!
- Tuesday, October 28, 2003 at 18:19:36 (UTC)
Upea ohjelma! Aivan paras random name generator jonka oon nï¿½hny missï¿½ï¿½n. Kunhan kaatuilee joskus, mutta se on lulltavasti vaan oma kone...
- Tuesday, October 21, 2003 at 21:43:26 (UTC)
Great program. I've been using it for years now, and love this little gadget. Playing around with the idea of writing an open-source implementation inspired by ebon for use with some pet projects. :)
- Monday, October 20, 2003 at 19:21:24 (UTC)
EBoN is probably the most used download on my machine. Great work, very elegant design, and never ending variety make it my go to generator.
Patrick McCann <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sunday, October 19, 2003 at 02:16:45 (UTC)
A fantastic program, full of style. Thanks for the resource.
- Saturday, October 18, 2003 at 03:24:13 (UTC)
EBoN imprest me very much when I create name's from Tolkien's world. GREAT PROGRAM !!!
- Wednesday, October 15, 2003 at 11:06:19 (UTC)
This is truely a great program! Ive never seen a better name generator. Do you know of a Tolkien book out there? -Jake
Jake Munro <Tar_Earendil@yahoo.com>
- Monday, October 13, 2003 at 17:49:54 (UTC)
THANK YOU! This has been very helpful!
- Saturday, October 11, 2003 at 10:27:48 (UTC)
Truly the best generetor I have tried, many times my players tried to confuse me by asking names of non-important npc's... I used to use a baby name book, but the names are too "plain"... Now my players are stunned at how fast the names come out, With a realistic flavour of foreign nations. I can't imagine why I played without this tool!
Lord Ahmos <Joe_kisonyou@hotmail.com>
- Friday, October 10, 2003 at 05:00:46 (UTC)
Hiya and greetings, Excellent program and many thanks for this usefull tool
- Saturday, October 04, 2003 at 16:07:26 (UTC)
if your name is granger email me and tell me about it
granger snodgrass <email@example.com>
- Thursday, October 02, 2003 at 02:41:22 (UTC)
Greetings and thanks from Australia! Well done a big help for my D&D gaming!
- Wednesday, October 01, 2003 at 23:16:03 (UTC)
Well done, i truly needed it for my many adventures of Dungeon & Dragons. Many thanks to you and to your fantasy. Goodbye.
Jeon Eronson <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Tuesday, September 30, 2003 at 17:57:14 (UTC)
This is extremely well-developed. I'm truly delighted with your work; I think it's a true gift to the creative community.
Adam Harmon <email@example.com>
- Saturday, September 27, 2003 at 09:06:42 (UTC)
I think that you should add names here like Ashroe, Jowana, and Xelia oh ya and i thought that you could get names here whats up with that i mean no wrong but please tell me that i didnt come here for no reason where are all the names at all your doing is telling us stuff that i dont realy want to here all im asking is please post the names up here but if you did then where are they
- Tuesday, September 23, 2003 at 20:00:47 (UTC)
A great generator! Keep up the good work, guys
- Monday, September 22, 2003 at 22:13:40 (UTC)
Bad Russian names!! A lot of them are even impossible to imagine!!!
- Thursday, September 18, 2003 at 16:32:25 (UTC)
Great random generator, thankyou.
Jeffrey Cavender <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Friday, September 12, 2003 at 14:26:20 (UTC)
i had the old version but when i see this new version i directly downloaded. thanks for this great program.
- Friday, September 12, 2003 at 09:16:45 (UTC)
Man I have but one word.... Thanks!
Alexander Hilton <email@example.com>
- Tuesday, September 09, 2003 at 22:03:12 (UTC)
Felicitaciones por este programa, me agrada mucho y des de bastante utilidad par mi, espero que todo le salga bien. saludos Eduardo Aponte
Eduardo Aponte <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Wednesday, September 03, 2003 at 13:14:53 (UTC)
Oh Man! You are mi savior! I've always suck at naming my characters and as a struggling fan fiction writter EBON is greatly apreciated!
Sabina M. Paveling
- Thursday, August 28, 2003 at 16:00:31 (UTC)
you know a chinese chapter would be greatly appreciated. the window size is still not costomizeable.
- Saturday, August 23, 2003 at 09:17:19 (UTC)
This website has certainly helped me with names for my fantasy writeings. Expect to see my writings soon!
- Wednesday, August 20, 2003 at 03:33:25 (UTC)
Excellent program, keep up the good qork
Andrew John Robertson <email@example.com>
- Wednesday, August 13, 2003 at 22:42:02 (UTC)
A truly wonderful program! This is the best name-generator I have come across, both in terms of the quality of the names generated, as well as GUI and presentation. Many thanks!
- Wednesday, August 13, 2003 at 22:08:00 (UTC)
This is a fantastic program! I love the way you can "add-on" to the existing program by adding chapters! It allows for more variety and uniqueness. I'll add your site to my affiliates/links page. Thanks!
David Sanders <Mancer212@aol.com>
- Wednesday, August 13, 2003 at 21:57:26 (UTC)
Great program! I've added a link to your site to the software downloads area of www.canonfire.com, a World of Greyhawk campaign setting (Dungeons & Dragons) fansite of which I am a staffmember. I'll recommend this to anyone creating characters for a game!
- Saturday, August 09, 2003 at 23:04:33 (UTC)
This program is fantastic! I never fail to find a perfect name for whatever I am naming. Great job!!
- Wednesday, August 06, 2003 at 03:28:10 (UTC)
I love this tool. It is great for the creation of rpg's using a utility i have. I even created my own chapter of celestial names. Good job.
- Sunday, August 03, 2003 at 08:17:52 (UTC)
I had the older vertion of EBON and just recently installed the latest vertion. I love this program so much that I share the link with everyone in my writing groups.
Crissy Gottberg <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Wednesday, July 30, 2003 at 07:30:07 (UTC)
Very helpful for my citizenship client
B. Youn <email@example.com>
- Monday, July 28, 2003 at 20:32:42 (UTC)
Great tool with great userbility.
- Wednesday, July 23, 2003 at 13:22:38 (UTC)
Great resource for writers. Keep up the good work
- Sunday, July 20, 2003 at 21:26:00 (UTC)
I have to agree to Jeremy Hatzell. It is realy an invaluable support-tool for creating caracters used in RPGs or also in stories.
Olaf Lange <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Friday, July 18, 2003 at 05:35:28 (UTC)
An invaluable tool! I love creating characters for stories and role-playing campaigns, but for some reason the hardest part is always coming up with an appropriate name. If it wasn't for the EBoN, I would never get anything written.
Jeremy Hatzell <email@example.com>
- Friday, July 18, 2003 at 03:42:09 (UTC)
The guestbook is back after a few months of absence. You are most welcome to fill it up with your comments!
Sami Pyï¿½rre, Author of EBoN
- Tuesday, July 15, 2003 at 13:15:24 (UTC)
The legendary Guestbook Script was created by Matt Wright.