- Old Entries -
This page holds the guestbook entries that were submitted before releasing v3.4.
A beautiful page, and an excellent piece of work you have created! Many thanks! - Windfeder (from Germany)
- Thursday, August 29, 2002 at 12:59:55 (GMT)
Thanks for making an incredible program. Simply the best! You don't even have to play RPG to have fun with this program, it's good for writing too. And one more thing, like said in the last entry, all the names are pronouncable (sorry if that isn't the correct way to write it) Thanks a lot!!
- Wednesday, August 28, 2002 at 19:32:06 (GMT)
I've used several name generators before, and this is simply the best. It's got a neat interface, there's tons of options to customize how the names are generated, and best yet, the names are actually good. Other generators give me unpronounceable stuff like "Zalkthylimehd" or "Bredkadzks". Great job on this thing, I use it all the time.
- Tuesday, August 27, 2002 at 02:46:54 (GMT)
Well to tell you the truth ive used alot of name makers and not one comperse to EBoN. I mean it is not only well organized and neet but also gives the user choises. Different languages was the thing that i must liked about it. But then i discoverd all the other options like RPG stats, Initial letter, etc. This is by far the best name maker out there.
- Saturday, August 24, 2002 at 10:06:27 (GMT)
Heh, I screwed up my first installed copy of the program, and just decided to reinstall.... I can't have had it for more than ten minutes, and already I'm glad to have it again. *G* This program rocks! It's so useful!
- Saturday, August 24, 2002 at 02:46:28 (GMT)
- Friday, August 23, 2002 at 02:14:50 (GMT)
Great. I play PBEMs, and need loads of names. A great tool for that!
- Sunday, August 18, 2002 at 09:33:37 (GMT)
Ottimo programma!!! Excelent program!!! From Italy ;)
- Sunday, August 18, 2002 at 01:29:30 (GMT)
Excellent....! Solves all my headaches when trying to name a character. I might even consider naming my child from the info gathered here.(just joking)LOL
- Saturday, August 17, 2002 at 13:13:49 (GMT)
This program is great. I've used it in combination with etymology to form perfect names for all kinds of stuff(but mostly just fantasy game chars) :) Thanks for making this great program shareware!
J. P. Roddy <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Saturday, August 17, 2002 at 09:43:50 (GMT)
pretty handy thing, for all those times when you're stuck for a name, which happens a lot ;)
- Friday, August 16, 2002 at 06:30:53 (GMT)
just stumbled onto this and i am very glad i did
- Thursday, August 15, 2002 at 02:05:01 (GMT)
This is the second time I download the 'Everchanging Book of Names' it is an awesome tool for writing rpg adventures and stories. Thanks for making it available. Marc
- Wednesday, August 14, 2002 at 12:59:45 (GMT)
a very interesting and useful application!
bill durfy <email@example.com>
- Wednesday, August 14, 2002 at 11:39:52 (GMT)
I've been on summer vacation, but now I'm back. My apologies to anyone who's had to wait for a reply.
Sami Pyörre, author of EBoN
- Monday, August 12, 2002 at 07:37:29 (GMT)
Starting to get a bit irritated here--sent the required registration a week ago and have heard no word since....anyone there???
- Sunday, August 11, 2002 at 23:30:49 (GMT)
I have been searching for a Name Generator worth its while for what seems like eons. Im happy to say that Ebon is one of the best I've come across, and the only one I continue to use.
Royce Rhanes <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Tuesday, August 06, 2002 at 16:11:41 (GMT)
I am a MUD administrator and programmer. While I'm not much on RP myself, I have heard great things about your program from several of my staff and players.
Shane P. Lee <email@example.com>
- Tuesday, August 06, 2002 at 08:24:04 (GMT)
Thanks for getting back to me to let me know that the links have been fixed. I was able to grab 3.3 without a hitch! Now if only I can find my old registration info so I can unlock my previous chapters...
Brian A. Murphy <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Tuesday, August 06, 2002 at 04:01:32 (GMT)
Just found out the Americas supplement has three good Aztec sections. Thank you so much. Keep the supplements coming!
- Thursday, August 01, 2002 at 08:08:09 (GMT)
Great looking website for a very impressive piece of software! For the longest time I have thought that I would love to have a program that generated names according to predefined rules. You truly have done it right. I have to try this out for a Neverwinter Nights module or two. Thanks! -jothaxe
- Tuesday, July 30, 2002 at 22:55:45 (GMT)
This is a cool website.It has helped me figure out names for my story book that I am writing.
- Tuesday, July 30, 2002 at 21:12:27 (GMT)
Great program. Just downloaded the americas supplement and haven't test it yet, but I'm after Aztec, Mayan, Olmec etc. names, particuarly Aztec.
- Tuesday, July 30, 2002 at 08:38:57 (GMT)
Great program, perfect for my little rping group. We have new people all the time apply and some need help with names. Thanks a lot, this will be a great help.
Vanidor Steelheart <email@example.com>
- Sunday, July 28, 2002 at 22:57:07 (GMT)
Lovely program, but not unlocked, so...
- Sunday, July 28, 2002 at 09:04:23 (GMT)
OMG this program is incredible. I've been looking for one of these for ages. It comes in so handy. Awsome work
- Saturday, July 27, 2002 at 18:22:45 (GMT)
Great program! Comes in very handy. Great job.
Kevin B. <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Thursday, July 25, 2002 at 23:48:45 (GMT)
This program is sure to come in handy, but I was actually searching for Dragon names... some of the languages would do, but I really want to see some Draconic =)
Robbie McLellan <email@example.com>
- Tuesday, July 23, 2002 at 12:12:23 (GMT)
Excellent. A wonderful resource. I'll be sure to use it in my historical fantasy games, as well as Living Greyhawk.
Chris Tulach <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Monday, July 22, 2002 at 03:17:50 (GMT)
- Sunday, July 21, 2002 at 04:27:54 (GMT)
A Gift From the Gods themselves
- Wednesday, July 17, 2002 at 18:24:30 (GMT)
LIKE IT LOTS!
- Sunday, July 14, 2002 at 22:19:16 (GMT)
Hienoa työtä. :)
- Sunday, July 14, 2002 at 14:18:13 (GMT)
I've recently started playing Neverwinter Nights and am eager to try my hand at making modules. The ebon will be a great help in keeping NPCs realistic.
- Thursday, July 11, 2002 at 21:59:03 (GMT)
A DM's good friend! Flushing out back plots with NPC names is so much easier with this nifty tool.
- Thursday, July 11, 2002 at 18:53:46 (GMT)
It's really great, it helps new players to pick good names, rather than sticking to the old chat-nick stuff.
- Tuesday, July 09, 2002 at 12:37:57 (GMT)
Great tool. But, despite registering, the FR book is still locked - which is a major pain.
- Sunday, July 07, 2002 at 12:35:19 (GMT)
hi I wana down load a key genorator
- Thursday, July 04, 2002 at 07:51:44 (GMT)
Wormspeaker's Web Pit, which used to work as the mirror site for this one, now serves as the only host for EBoN downloads. The files can still be accessed as usual. Many thanks to PitLord for his help.
Sami Pyörre, author of EBoN
- Tuesday, July 02, 2002 at 13:25:32 (GMT)
Great program! I've been using it for quite some time and it's a valuable asset. One of these days I'll get around to scraping some couch change together to register it. For those of you having trouble getting the files, use the mirror site, as they are not having troubles.
- Tuesday, July 02, 2002 at 11:49:41 (GMT)
I am a professional fantasy Writer. The hardest part about writing is giving you ideas some sort of substance such as a name. I was very intrigued by your program and from what is written on this page you seem to have exerted quite a lot of effort making it. I can't wait to try out your program but unfortunately this website was giving me a little trouble when i tried to locate the downloadable file. it seems like a wonderful idea and i hope the site is fixed soon. (=
James Bowyer <JamalKhalaf@aol.com>
- Saturday, June 29, 2002 at 22:14:44 (GMT)
This is an excellent name generator that I have used before. I was looking forward to downloading it onto my new computer but I could't get access to the zip file. Hope the site is up soon.
Jason Sexton <email@example.com>
- Saturday, June 29, 2002 at 17:44:58 (GMT)
Saludos desde España. ¡Tu programa es fantastico! Me ayuda mucho. Enhorabuena y gracias. Greetings from Spain. Your program is fantastic! It helps me a lot. Congratulations and thanks.
- Friday, June 28, 2002 at 22:44:49 (GMT)
What can I say? This is the greatest rpg tool yet!
- Friday, June 28, 2002 at 22:21:12 (GMT)
Probably the best name generator available. Now my names don't sound so "forced" when I write. Keep up the good work!
- Wednesday, June 26, 2002 at 18:12:03 (GMT)
Great idea....why didn't someone think of this long ago!
Crazy Craig aka Ibson the Grey <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Tuesday, June 25, 2002 at 03:16:48 (GMT)
Ebon is a great tool to use
- Monday, June 24, 2002 at 22:23:47 (GMT)
Thanks for the efforts
- Thursday, June 20, 2002 at 19:23:10 (GMT)
the program is simply a GREAT tool when you are a troubled GM... THANK YOU!!! :))
- Wednesday, June 19, 2002 at 23:55:51 (GMT)
NICE little program, but it seems prone to getting stuck in endless loops... at least in the FR book.
- Wednesday, June 19, 2002 at 19:03:39 (GMT)
it's a great program.
- Tuesday, June 18, 2002 at 02:00:32 (GMT)
Fantastic job, my friend!! ^_^ It's the best DM aid I ever had on my PC! Great design too! ;p Bye!
- Sunday, June 16, 2002 at 13:01:11 (GMT)
Excellent work. I MUD in a plac called Age of Legends, which is a Role-Play enforced MUD, the best on the net. I recently told people about this program and names on the MUD are getting more and more interesting! Thank you!
- Thursday, June 13, 2002 at 14:23:31 (GMT)
We love to read names for bedtime, Love Jarek, Kira, Arsellus, and mommy (laelu)
- Tuesday, June 11, 2002 at 19:22:05 (GMT)
I love this prog... I've created around 6000 names and I've only seen it repeat a name once...
- Saturday, June 08, 2002 at 13:18:40 (GMT)
Great tool! I can't wait to generate names for D&D episodes =)
- Thursday, June 06, 2002 at 04:18:45 (GMT)
This is extreamly exciting I love making up my own names, your program realy inspires me and has sovled my dificulity in generating foregin names.
- Thursday, May 30, 2002 at 09:37:41 (GMT)
As a cartographer for the Fargoth World Building Project EBoN has been priceless in the development of names for many of our maps, awesome tool!!!
- Wednesday, May 29, 2002 at 20:39:18 (GMT)
Since I have just downloaded this program..I'll wait to give a comment :)
- Wednesday, May 29, 2002 at 04:43:56 (GMT)
This program really helps me out as a gamer and as a writer. I'd love to see the chapters expand to other gaming environments.
- Wednesday, May 29, 2002 at 03:03:05 (GMT)
Ebon is very, very nice. It keeps all my elves from having names like Twoflower, while keeping them from sounding like I just threw a bunch of letters together. A lifesaver!
- Sunday, May 26, 2002 at 06:12:59 (GMT)
I'll let you know when I use it, but as clean as your site layout is ,I am sure to like it. Good work!
Gary Warren <email@example.com>
- Saturday, May 25, 2002 at 04:26:42 (GMT)
This program is great. Helps me make up good sounding names for the secondary characters in my story. Really great!
- Wednesday, May 22, 2002 at 03:04:06 (GMT)
VERY cool. and extremely helpful. I take naming things a little too seriously and tend to get lost looking for them :) this helps much
- Tuesday, May 21, 2002 at 22:58:47 (GMT)
VERY nice program. Will register soon as well. Great for use when building muds.
- Tuesday, May 21, 2002 at 21:22:45 (GMT)
A great tool, both for an amateur writer and an avid roleplayer (not that I'm either.... ;)) Very nice work!
- Wednesday, May 15, 2002 at 04:33:10 (GMT)
this website is awsome i really enjoyed it etc i am looking forward to ur reply
james flood <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Tuesday, May 14, 2002 at 09:38:34 (GMT)
Best best best!! Incredible names, and excellent user interface..did I say best best best?!
- Monday, May 13, 2002 at 10:20:24 (GMT)
Awsome job. Currently looking into redigstration. I have allways wanted to do some more intigration of softwere into my traditional RPG's. I find that mapmakers, character templates, score genorators and other utilites such as random name genorators can enhance the gameing expereance by streamlining creation and adding randomnes to the environment. I also love this program as a GM/DM because I find myself trying to come up with a slew of names for game dependent NPC's. One suggestion though is how about a sex option so we don't have to keep scrooling throught enteries trying to find the right name for the right gender. Otherwise awsome job and I am looking foward to any other new softwhere you migh devlope. Oh and by the way I got your link of the TMC (The Mud Connector). Will
- Wednesday, May 08, 2002 at 01:46:20 (GMT)
I was creating names and found your site, this program rocks! You have solved my naming problems!
- Sunday, May 05, 2002 at 20:23:29 (GMT)
Dear Sami - great work! It's good to know someone has done a lot of background work and given everyone else an opportunity to get some cool names! Cheers!
- Thursday, May 02, 2002 at 07:16:09 (GMT)
- Wednesday, May 01, 2002 at 17:18:09 (GMT)
Wonderful program, simple to use, can you tell us exactly how to register as i'd love to unlock the chapters?
Adrian Lovatt <email@example.com>
- Wednesday, May 01, 2002 at 14:50:02 (GMT)
Great Program! How about regestration?
- Tuesday, April 30, 2002 at 00:32:42 (GMT)
What a great program! Thanks a lot for stimulating our imaginations.
- Monday, April 29, 2002 at 16:01:19 (GMT)
I really like this program, I use it for gaming and creative writing of all kinds!
Yuukanna Uiresu <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Thursday, April 25, 2002 at 23:32:12 (GMT)
EBoN is a really great program, thanks for creating it!
- Wednesday, April 24, 2002 at 21:30:22 (GMT)
By far the best name generator I've ever seen. I'm using it for more than a year in my playgroup and we all appreciate it. Good work!
Greater Goblin <email@example.com>
- Monday, April 22, 2002 at 20:10:21 (GMT)
Great program. Plan on using it for my RM2k games.
- Thursday, April 18, 2002 at 07:54:06 (GMT)
Nice... very nice. Saw this link over at NeverwinterVault. Thanks for the time and effort you put into this. :)
- Tuesday, April 16, 2002 at 06:46:12 (GMT)
Hi there. Thanks for the really fun program, I'm going to use it to generate cool names for my online rpg characters. I keep having to close it and reload it when I want to pick a different language/chapter though... for some reason it keeps saying that the chapter I wanted was not available for loading until I restart the program. Just FYI. Thanks again. :)
- Tuesday, April 16, 2002 at 02:50:14 (GMT)
Very nice site and program!!!Very useful for all the players/master/mudder in the world! ^_^
- Monday, April 15, 2002 at 10:28:27 (GMT)
I have been using version 2 for ages now. Very handy program and then the kid I babysit who writes stories needed new names. I introduced it to him and then I checked the website and found, surprise surprise, a new version. I am interested in registering so please tell me how!
Melissa Taday <ndrenKZW@aol.com>
- Sunday, April 14, 2002 at 12:50:50 (GMT)
Great item here, though how do you register?
- Saturday, April 13, 2002 at 05:49:35 (GMT)
Hey, Thanks to whoever made this I'm A teen fantasy writer and I always have trouble finding good names
Jason Collins <Jay122088@aol.com>
- Friday, April 12, 2002 at 21:13:49 (GMT)
Oh my god this website is the bomb bigady ohmygosh like oh my freakin gosh B2K forever baby (j-boog)
it doesn't matter <Whocares@idon't.com>
- Wednesday, April 10, 2002 at 18:05:40 (GMT)
EBoN is a fantastic program - you should be given more than this credit for it's creation. Thousands of names - all usable (unlike some other name generators). You rock!!!
Rhys Clelland <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Tuesday, April 09, 2002 at 03:19:35 (GMT)
The link to download the latest version of Ebon is down, which needs to be fixed. Nice site though.
- Friday, April 05, 2002 at 18:14:08 (GMT)
I love it. Where(how), do I register?
Derek Payton <email@example.com>
- Sunday, March 31, 2002 at 10:01:41 (GMT)
I just downloaded this on the recommendation from a friend of mine. For me, who has to keep coming up with tons of names both in gaming and outside of it, this is a wonderful program.
- Saturday, March 30, 2002 at 19:32:07 (GMT)
I really enjoy using your program, and intend to offer a link to this site when I update my site next. And when you send me the registration key (I've sent you the requested gift certificate), I'll be able to let people know just how well the full-capacity program is!
Catherine Keene <KingsTears@aol.com>
- Thursday, March 28, 2002 at 15:39:06 (GMT)
Great Great Job. The end of name-finding-head-ache !!!
- Wednesday, March 27, 2002 at 15:59:32 (GMT)
I've used this program for over a year or 2 now, and i've loved, it, but then i went to the website and downloaded the new version and i have to register again :/ If i could get my mom to let me borrow her credit card i'd register :P
Dave W <DArkEpoxy14@hotmail.com>
- Tuesday, March 26, 2002 at 23:29:02 (GMT)
Excellent! I've used the old 1.0.0 actively since '97, and stumbled onto the site now... Great Work!
- Sunday, March 24, 2002 at 16:57:36 (GMT)
For people like me this is a god send. Keep up the great work.
- Sunday, March 24, 2002 at 09:33:48 (GMT)
Looks very comprehensive, a very helpful resource. Thanks.
- Sunday, March 24, 2002 at 00:15:54 (GMT)
Hoy! I had to use EBoN from 2.1. Thanks for useful stuff.
- Friday, March 22, 2002 at 19:26:29 (GMT)
Thinking up a name is always the hardest part of character creation, a program like this makes my life much easier, thanks.
- Friday, March 22, 2002 at 17:49:38 (GMT)
Very much appreciated, thank you very much.
- Thursday, March 21, 2002 at 20:04:22 (GMT)
GREEAAAT!!! If only I could have come across this site earlier... You are one marvelous fellow you know... May The Lorekeeper smile upon thy fate for now and all eternity...
Thank you!!! <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Monday, March 18, 2002 at 17:37:09 (GMT)
i really like this name it's werid but it's the best
Tarneicea Tamarr Elizabeth Golden <email@example.com>
- Monday, March 11, 2002 at 11:54:53 (GMT)
This is the most useful name generator I have ever found in my 10 years of gaming. I have been an avid roleplayer, both video games and RPG's like dungeons and Dragons (among many others), and your name generator has saved me on many occasions for my Player Character names. I have used it for years now, Keep up the good work! I hope to get it registered soon, as money permits.
Rez Weems <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sunday, March 10, 2002 at 17:00:20 (GMT)
Thanks, man! the gen. is really great! when i get a child, your generator will have the honor of naming it!
- Saturday, March 09, 2002 at 15:37:54 (GMT)
Great job! Really useful for my adventures.
- Friday, March 08, 2002 at 14:24:31 (GMT)
Awesome! This is 'THE' name generator. Well done!
- Monday, March 04, 2002 at 01:13:25 (GMT)
Like the program. How do I register?
Jack Dawkins <email@example.com>
- Tuesday, February 26, 2002 at 04:52:51 (GMT)
My my what a fine job you've done here! I know a little C++ myself, and I'm glad it got put to good role playing use like this. I'm very much into the whole fantasy environment, and your program takes some of the strain out of finding the perfect name.
Chris <Faroul <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Monday, February 11, 2002 at 22:58:26 (GMT)
Tremendous! If I ever need to name an entire army I know where to come...
Mithril Silver <email@example.com>
- Friday, February 08, 2002 at 01:42:49 (GMT)
Hope I can sign this guestbook this time... Well, thanks for the program! I have been using it now for some years and it is only getting better.
Maria Maja <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Tuesday, February 05, 2002 at 17:37:15 (GMT)
Thank you for making this uselfull program. It helped me a lot with my pbem.
- Sunday, February 03, 2002 at 19:21:29 (GMT)
This has got to be the nicest interface I've ever seen. Kudos and applause! I'm a mod for a PBeM and you've saved me a ton of browsing webpages ;)
S. Davis <email@example.com>
- Sunday, February 03, 2002 at 11:29:08 (GMT)
What can I say..? Looks good, works great, and has already proven useful. Thanks for all the effort. Dug. Oh, by the way. I had no trouble downloading.
- Saturday, February 02, 2002 at 04:36:47 (GMT)
YEY!!! it works again! Thank you for making it work. i can now make my first million quid writing fantastic fantasy. If anyone would like to email me then I could pretend I had some friends. thanx again aurorra
- Friday, February 01, 2002 at 20:28:28 (GMT)
Onkos enää uusia versioita tulossa vai onko 3.3 viimeinen?
- Wednesday, January 30, 2002 at 00:00:27 (GMT)
I was one that earlier couldn't get a download. Guess I was lucky that later I caught it available and got the files. You have done a remarkable job putting in so many different actual and campagin languages for name generation. My condolences on the web hosting problem. See my email.
Fred Skinner II <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Monday, January 28, 2002 at 20:41:06 (GMT)
The legendary Guestbook Script was created by Matt Wright.