- Old Entries -
This page holds the guestbook entries whixh were submitted before my previous free host (www.ish.biz) suddenly disappeared and took a few months worth of guestbook entries with it. Now the site is back on ProHosting which seems to be the best host I've found so far.
I am from Brazil, and I know this is the best name generator!!!!!
Peterson Uchoa Mayrinck
- Thursday, February 06, 2003 at 15:32:27 (UTC)
- Thursday, February 06, 2003 at 14:29:29 (UTC)
Just what I have been looking for.
Dave Winterroth <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Wednesday, February 05, 2003 at 19:37:17 (UTC)
The new host mysteriously killed my guestbook. Three weeks of entries have been lost, but now it's back again.
- Wednesday, February 05, 2003 at 18:40:00 (UTC)
I stumbled upon this wonderful resource a couple of years ago, and now I just reloaded onto my new computer. You can't (or can, more than likely) imagine how incredibly useful this program is. I have been working on short stories, fantasy maps, field guides, and rpgs for several years now, and ebon helps in multiple ways. The most obvious is the generation of names in a pinch for characers that need identification. The other use, and my favorite is this: I believe names are incredibly powerful, so I generate a list of names first, then cull it for a few that strike me as interesting. Then I create a character around the name. Quite often I find that it's as if the character already existed and I only stumbled upon his or her name. Thank you for such a neat resource.
- Sunday, January 12, 2003 at 17:56:17 (UTC)
The random name generator is awesome!! Thanx I needed it for my RPG that I am creating in C++.
- Sunday, January 12, 2003 at 00:53:04 (UTC)
Looks like your program is great! I am downloading it now to check it out. I made a name generator program a long time ago in GW-BASIC, if you can believe that. It wasn't as complicated as what you have described (I think I was only 8 at the time, and I just did it because I couldn't think of names myself for video games I was creating), but it had some of the main features. Only 1 or 2 out of every 20 or 25 were any good. I would like to give it another shot sometime, though. I think your program will be good inspiration! Jason Doucette www.jasondoucette.com
- Saturday, January 11, 2003 at 17:58:42 (UTC)
great piece of software! small and efficient, simply amazing! thanks for making it available to download. the site looks great too! congratulations!
- Saturday, January 11, 2003 at 04:07:38 (UTC)
Well, I don´t know is this good or bad generator(yet!). But thanks anyway, I´m not good at making names up, so this comes for a need. Sorry about the bad english. Not my best sizes! Morjens sitten!
- Friday, January 10, 2003 at 16:42:54 (UTC)
Finally a program for naming NPC's. No more harbourmaster Bob or Stableboy Bob... :)
- Friday, January 10, 2003 at 15:30:23 (UTC)
I am constructing a dark fantasy realm for role-play and as the setting, one day, for a novel. The EBON has been a tremendous help. Creating names for towns, cities, and characters was one thing but I found that the names generated for places or figures that were still taking shape often contributed to the feel, the story, surrounding each. More than just names, the EBON has provided inspiration. In some cases, a character has changed immeasurably to suit the feel of the name attached to them. Good fun, and a very useful tool. My thanks.
Damian Doyle <email@example.com>
- Friday, January 10, 2003 at 02:55:22 (UTC)
I just love ur name generator :top: keep up the good work!
- Thursday, January 09, 2003 at 14:23:17 (UTC)
Keep up this great resource. I bookmark your site, best greetings ...
- Wednesday, January 08, 2003 at 17:32:29 (UTC)
Submitting of web links disabled because of abuse. You can still submit your guestbook entries normally.
Sami Pyörre, webmaster
- Monday, January 06, 2003 at 10:53:07 (UTC)
Thought I would sign! "There is no such thing as a moral or an immoral book. Books are well written or badly written." Oscar Wilde (1854 - 1900)
- Saturday, January 04, 2003 at 14:03:54 (UTC)
Happy New Year, or something like that (^_^)
- Wednesday, January 01, 2003 at 01:56:34 (UTC)
This works really well; Thanks!
Gordon Spencer <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Tuesday, December 31, 2002 at 03:26:54 (UTC)
Great site, beatifuly made, you go girl!!
Itai Greif <email@example.com>
- Monday, December 30, 2002 at 10:22:20 (UTC)
Great resource for baby names! thanks.
- Monday, December 30, 2002 at 04:18:58 (UTC)
hi this site is great my auntie is haveing a baby and left it up to me to find a good name and on this site I did! thanx
- Saturday, December 28, 2002 at 03:15:40 (UTC)
uhuuulll... muito loko esse programa, adeus nomes nojentos... i'm from brazil, and what i have just written is, this program is very cool, good bye disgusting names... hehehe thanks !
- Sunday, December 22, 2002 at 22:06:18 (UTC)
great site! i love ebon. it gives me and my players the advantage of saving time during creation of characters by not having to name them. thanks ebon!!
jonathan smith <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sunday, December 22, 2002 at 04:31:54 (UTC)
Love the program, it really helps coming up with a name for a NPC on the spur of the moment. I highly recomend it.
William Treece <email@example.com>
- Tuesday, December 17, 2002 at 18:28:26 (UTC)
stay off!!!!!!!!!! lome-togo.
- Wednesday, December 11, 2002 at 12:52:04 (UTC)
Love EBON. I'm a writer and I no longer have to worry about naming my characters nine times out of ten the most difficult thing...you need chapters for place and object names too I'd write a chapter or two but I don't know how.
- Wednesday, December 04, 2002 at 07:04:05 (UTC)
I'll just echo everyone else's comment - really professional and effective name generator. The only addition I can think of would be an online version, but that'd take some bandwidth and processing speed in addition to some new coding. Anyway, I love it.
Lasse Holmstedt <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Tuesday, December 03, 2002 at 16:48:42 (UTC)
Love the site! Is very helpful for my major work for my extension english majopr work! I have to write a short story and my selection is fantasy, so these name generators will come in handy! By any chance could you please email me the font that you have used at the top of this page to make the heading "add to guestbook"? The same as the one that's used on your downloads page for the word "download"? Would much appreciate it!
- Tuesday, December 03, 2002 at 09:55:57 (UTC)
An excellent resource for any role-player or writer. The fact that it's expandable and can generate names for practically any genre is invaluable.
Matt Griffiths <email@example.com>
- Saturday, November 30, 2002 at 19:55:47 (UTC)
A truly professional utility, created with roleplayers in mind.
- Friday, November 29, 2002 at 06:25:45 (UTC)
Thanks for this nice program regarding names for any of my fantasy charcters I have played, both with Ad&D (now D&D) and Adom (http://www.adom.de/). This program rocks, and if only there was an book on sami names I would have liked it better: (I'n an sami :))
Kimme Utsi <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Thursday, November 28, 2002 at 17:11:58 (UTC)
Need access to extra chapters
- Sunday, November 24, 2002 at 22:22:30 (UTC)
This is single-handedly the finest Web Site, or Source ANYWHERE for Names! Thanks a Million
Axor Thormgrost <email@example.com>
- Saturday, November 23, 2002 at 22:06:42 (UTC)
Being a RPG Game Master I am always on the lookout for outsources that will make my job abit more easier. Your names generator does just that. It provides a great deal of name that I can use for NPCs. Thanks for a terrific job!!
Bill Baldwin <Bbaldwin1964@yahoo.com>
- Saturday, November 23, 2002 at 18:31:48 (UTC)
This is a wonderful program. I've always wanted to find something that has latin names, and when I downloaded ebon I was amazed at its selection of various names. I would recommend it to anyone.
- Saturday, November 23, 2002 at 15:13:55 (UTC)
Visit this site is very interested ! congratulations, very nice
- Thursday, November 21, 2002 at 09:24:02 (UTC)
I have been using your program for some time and have found it to be a great rpg aid. You have made world-building a lot easier. Thanks to this fantastic program.
Nathan Craycraft <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Tuesday, November 19, 2002 at 23:16:20 (UTC)
Sami, have done, and are continuing to do, a good job with Ebon. I can often become stuck for character names, especially on the fly in any oral storytelling attempts, and certainly when it comes to incidental characters in writing. Thank you very much for your thoughtful and useful utility.
Scott Lette <email@example.com>
- Monday, November 18, 2002 at 10:24:56 (UTC)
As a literacy student, we have been required to submit our own work based off Tolkien's world, and I have used EBoN to practically create each and every aspect of my characters. From the Black Nazgul, Orcs and Uruk-Hai to the Friendly Hobbits of the Shire, this book supplies names which I couldn't have possibly fathomed in my own little world. Congratulations on a brillant program, and with ingenious like this, you'll go far. Congratulations.
Johnny Knoxville <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Monday, November 18, 2002 at 07:39:32 (UTC)
I like your book and stuff but you need the meanings of names to bring it alive though I am only 13 I am a very deep spirateul person and llove talcking I get good grades and love the internet to get to know ppl but not to meet them.I think your book has meaning and sperituality and I like it very much yours truly amber ray
amber ray <email@example.com>
- Sunday, November 17, 2002 at 03:30:34 (UTC)
really really good site !! i hope you'll do fine ! i love it ! big kisses
- Friday, November 15, 2002 at 20:12:33 (UTC)
Really great name generator. Helped me with many names for rpg games. Keep up the good work.
Gaelan Demonmist <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Wednesday, November 13, 2002 at 21:31:46 (UTC)
This has got the be the best RFNG i have come across on my month long journey throught the web thanks!! it really helped me alot in my new neverwinter nights campaign. Thanks!
The Subtle Knife <email@example.com>
- Tuesday, November 12, 2002 at 21:02:40 (UTC)
That's exactly what i were looking for. This will make the creation of any character easier (by not to think so much about the name, that sometimes is a headache). Thanx a lot!!!.
- Tuesday, November 12, 2002 at 11:30:00 (UTC)
I found your program at just the right time. i am designing a world and was having a problem coming up with names. Thanks for your hard work.
- Saturday, November 09, 2002 at 03:26:34 (UTC)
Congratulations! The EboN has got to be the greatest name generator program I’ve had come across to! It’s very useful, as I have been using your program to help me name the characters in the many stories I’ve submitted so far.
Zufar Shahren <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Saturday, November 09, 2002 at 02:29:27 (UTC)
Incredibly useful and stylish! I'm really happy I came to find this program! Congratulations for the good work!
Jorge Aranda <jorge.arandaREMOVE_THIS@itesm.mx>
- Friday, November 08, 2002 at 22:39:22 (UTC)
Positively the best name generator I've every seen. GOOD JOB!! :P
Rob Beltran <email@example.com>
- Friday, November 08, 2002 at 00:20:53 (UTC)
A very good program.
- Tuesday, November 05, 2002 at 18:01:06 (UTC)
It works fine.
- Tuesday, November 05, 2002 at 17:57:00 (UTC)
thanks so much
- Saturday, November 02, 2002 at 20:20:11 (UTC)
GREAT PROGARM!!! Love it!! i always used to sit like for hours just to come up with a good fantasy name. Thx man!! :)
- Thursday, October 31, 2002 at 22:55:17 (UTC)
Fantastic. I've only had Ebon for a short time and it has been invaluable for my Forgotten Realms campaign. Fun! Easy! I now have naming powers beyond the ken of mere mortals! (mwahahahaha!)
- Wednesday, October 30, 2002 at 23:14:54 (UTC)
Cool name Gen best one they is keep up the good work
Leman Russ <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Thursday, October 24, 2002 at 22:12:43 (GMT)
This is the GREATEST program I've come across in a long time. Thanks!!!
- Wednesday, October 23, 2002 at 08:37:44 (GMT)
Sweet, do you have any idea (actually, I'm sure you do) how hard it is to come up with good names? I got this a while back for "the" RPG maker and also use it for Shadowrun and my writing. Good stuff. :]
- Wednesday, October 23, 2002 at 01:55:08 (GMT)
Hi Ebon is the best programm for finding good names for Games :) Or other events good job :)
Robin Spiecker <ChristopherKane@gmx.de>
- Tuesday, October 22, 2002 at 16:33:38 (GMT)
The application you wrote is very useful. Almost brilliant.
- Monday, October 21, 2002 at 18:57:35 (GMT)
I always loved Ebon, you have helped me out of many jams for names. Thank you for the lovely utility. Your site is very nice also.
Randy Sivigny <email@example.com>
- Sunday, October 20, 2002 at 23:59:13 (GMT)
Hello, I found you at Altavista. You have wealth of information on your site and a nice design. Greetings from Germany - Paul
- Friday, October 18, 2002 at 20:05:29 (GMT)
This is truly an amazing app, keep up the good work, best wishes from Canada
- Tuesday, October 15, 2002 at 23:23:02 (GMT)
thanks for sticking with the EBoN idea. it's been a great help, both as a writer and as a DM/GM.
- Wednesday, October 09, 2002 at 19:52:06 (GMT)
pretty small tool... :-)) I use it for my new quest (as DM) and I thing, that's perfect... :-)
Ozzy o:-) <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Wednesday, October 09, 2002 at 18:41:38 (GMT)
Smart little tool, we'll try it for our next new campaign. Our GM is already droolign... when i toold him about it he was very excited.
- Wednesday, October 09, 2002 at 12:44:26 (GMT)
Your website is great and very usefull. I'm bookmarked it. Keep up the good resources. Best greetings from Germany - Helmut
- Tuesday, October 08, 2002 at 19:40:13 (GMT)
I have been looking for something like this for along time, I am so glad I found it, your program is the best out there! :-)
- Sunday, October 06, 2002 at 23:16:59 (GMT)
Since i need to sign the guestbook, i guess i'll do that and i'm asking permission if i can download the fantasy names
- Sunday, October 06, 2002 at 22:06:13 (GMT)
On of the best addon programms ever made for FRantasy games. Congratualtion to the fantastic result!
Matthias H. <email@example.com>
- Sunday, October 06, 2002 at 13:26:35 (GMT)
PLEASE MY GUY MEN I DON REACH HEAROOOOOOOO LIVE IT FOR US LETS SEE WHAT WILL HAPPEN
DR EGOBIA NAWANINE <egobia@togo_and_money.com>
- Sunday, October 06, 2002 at 09:41:24 (GMT)
Congratulations. Amazing work.
- Wednesday, October 02, 2002 at 15:56:52 (GMT)
Excellent little program. Always useable.
- Tuesday, October 01, 2002 at 19:38:04 (GMT)
- Saturday, September 28, 2002 at 16:24:16 (GMT)
the idea for a radom name generator was brillent!! Go Team.
George Maxwell <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Saturday, September 28, 2002 at 01:30:31 (GMT)
Such a great program as i write fantasy it will help a lot thanks
- Thursday, September 26, 2002 at 22:06:30 (GMT)
Such a great program as i write fantasy it will help a lot thanks
John Matlock <email@example.com>
- Thursday, September 26, 2002 at 22:06:02 (GMT)
great programm, saves me a lot of time!!!!
- Thursday, September 26, 2002 at 14:40:21 (GMT)
A great tool, especially in a C&S campaign like mine set in a Russia-like nation. Thanks!
Kevin Payne <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Thursday, September 26, 2002 at 02:06:55 (GMT)
What can say??? It saves me time for coming up with names. Thanks!!!
- Wednesday, September 25, 2002 at 13:35:47 (GMT)
Excellent program. Wonderful tool presented on a simple, lightweight and beautiful website. As a MERP gamemaster,it's been extremely useful to define players' and NPCs' names. Thanks!
Breno Moiana <roleplayer (at) pop.com.br>
- Wednesday, September 25, 2002 at 13:12:43 (GMT)
Excellent resource! Thank you!
- Monday, September 23, 2002 at 01:20:57 (GMT)
Fantastic resource for anyone stuck for inspiration.
- Thursday, September 19, 2002 at 08:40:16 (GMT)
What a life-saver! As a writer of fantasy, this tool has definately come in handy. I no longer have to waste time playing with letters to get a name. Thank goodness for EBoN! :-)
Michelle Miles <email@example.com>
- Monday, September 16, 2002 at 22:59:40 (GMT)
I could have sat for hours trying to think of a single name!
Ray Miller <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Saturday, September 14, 2002 at 17:24:55 (GMT)
Great program with a well-made website. I have used EBON for many campaigns and it always comes in handy (especially for MERP names). Keep up the great work!
Eric Van Camp <email@example.com>
- Thursday, September 12, 2002 at 22:14:08 (GMT)
Excellent web page from an appearance and design perspective, and a splendid little program you have made there. It is going to come quite in handy,many thanks for taking the time to write it.
Adam White <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Friday, September 06, 2002 at 04:16:49 (GMT)
The legendary Guestbook Script was created by Matt Wright.