II Helsinki Chess Circuit 2002
- 8.3.2002: Mika Karttunen won the A group
- Congratulations to Mika Karttunen, who came back very well after slightly
surprising start. Tournament has finished, see you again next time!
- 6.3.2002: B and C groups finished
- Congratulations to Juhani Lehti for winning the B group, as to
Mikko Manninen for winning the C group.
- 5.3.2002: Olli Salmensuu continues winning
- Olli Salmensuu leads the A group with one point margin after having
won 6 games in a row.
- 1.3.2002: 5 rounds played, and players have a free Saturday
- Olli Salmensuu took the lead in a great battle against Sauli Keskinen.
Risto Eskola leads the B group and Mauno Kangas and Mikko Manninen decide
the winner of the C group.
- 27.2.2002: Pertti Lehikoinen continues winning
- Pertti Lehikoinen took his 3rd impressive win, this time
against Sampsa Nyysti. With his win Lehikoinen took the lead
in the tournament.
- 26.2.2002: Surprise lead in the group A
- Well, who would have bet that all the IM's have 50% after two
- 25.2.2002: The tournament has started
- There are going to be daily updates with games on these web pages,
and spectators are of course welcome to visit the tournament.
- 25.2.2002: The schedule of the tournament
- Notice that the daily starting times alternate between 11 am. and 2 pm.
- 13.2.2002: Initial player lists published
- There are still places in all tournaments!
- 16.1.2002: Registration possible!
- Players interested to participate, please contact the organizer
Mr. Sami Hämäläinen, Mr. Sami Hämäläinen, firstname.lastname@example.org,
+358-9-3238840. In the IM-event the organizer reserves the right
to choose players from the interested players so that there is a
possibility to reach IM-norms (minimum requirements: 3 IMs, 4 non-Finnish
players from at least two different countries). In groups B and C the
players will be chosen by the order of registration.
- 16.1.2002: Chess Circuit will be played in Helsinki again!
- I Helsinki Chess Circuit in February 2001
produced some interesting fights, despite the fact that nobody achieved
the desired IM-norm scores.